Episode 7: Dorte in Distress

With news of a potential assassination against the archbishop, the Knights of Serios have reconvened at Garreg Mach in order to protect Lady Rhea from any sort of danger. However, their lack of presence on the field has allowed bandits to encroach on the nation's territories. And the spike in bandit activities has left one Empire noble in a big predicament with defending his region.

in the Audience Hall

M Byleth: You wanted to see us Seteth?

Seteth: Exactly. As you know, Rhea has been kept secured in the monastery walls to keep her safe from the potential assassins. That mysterious figure you saw said that the archbishop would be dead by the end of the month. So, it is crucial we prevent this act from occurring.

F Byleth: Of course. We'll make sure nothing happens to Rhea.

Flayn: I cannot imagine what thoughts are running through her head now. She is such a king and caring person that I question why anyone would want to kill her.

Seteth: Whatever their reason is, it will not come to pass. I assure you Flayn.

Flayn: Thank you brother. I know that the professors and their students will do everything they can to protect her.

Byleth Twins: We promise.

Seteth: Good. Also, there's something else I should inform you of. After word of Rhea's assassination reached the Knights of Serios, everyone pulled back to the monastery for defense. Unfortunately, because of this hasty retreat, bandits have been able to come in without any resistant. We received word from Count Varley that a large number of bandits were seen gathering in Gronder Field. Due to Gronder's close proximity to Varley territory, the count has insisted the Knights of Serios head back and rid the field of bandits.

M Byleth: Doesn't Count Varley have troops of his own he could send out?

Seteth: Sadly, there aren't many stationed in Varley territory, and he was very adamant that we, and I quote, 'clean up the mess we caused by abandoning him'.

Flayn: I admit it was a rather foolish decision of ours to have all the Knights come back to the monastery.

Seteth: In any case, we will send them back out to rid Gronder Field of them.

F Byleth: You want us to go with them?

Seteth: No. You two must stay back here and do what you can to keep Rhea safe. Understand?

Byleth Twins: Yeah.

Seteth: Good. That is all professors.

meanwhile at the Stables, Marianne is seen brushing Dorte's mane

Marianne: Does that feel good Dorte?

Dorte: neighs

Marianne: I see. I'll brush down just a bit more.

Mercedes: Ah, Marianne. I didn't expect to see you here today.

Marianne: Oh, Mercedes. What brings you here?

Mercedes: Petra and I were put in charge of horse care for the day, but I guess you beat us to it.

Marianne: N-No, I was just here to care for Dorte. I haven't gotten to the other horses yet.

Petra: That is most well. It will be allowing us to fulfill our task to the fullest.

Marianne: Well, if you're going to be working here, I'll just go.

Mercedes: Oh, it's alright Marianne. You can tend to Dorte all you want. We'll just be tending to the other horses just over there.

Marianne: A-Are you sure? I'm not going to get in your way?