Episode 15: Kingdom Kalamites

After the vicious threat against the monastery was dealt with, the archbishop hoped that would be the end of their troubles within Fodlan. However, the situation seems to be getting worse by the day, as numerous problems begin popping up within the Kingdom. Seeing no other choice, Rhea and Seteth must once again ask the students and professors to deal with the issues

in the classroom

M Byleth: Alright class, it is time for a pop quiz.

F Byleth: You will each have ten minutes to solve the problem.

half of the class groan while the other half are excited

Hilda: Professors. Do we have to?

M Byleth: If you don't want to be put on rebuilding duty, yes.

F Byleth: And I expect everyone here to give an actual attempt at answering the question. Time starts now.

Yuri: looking at the question The amount of gold stolen from a house is worth 50g and a mansion is worth 150g. During a two-month window a total of 234 houses and mansions were robbed totaling 21,700 in stolen gold. Solving the following equation, determine the number of houses x, and the number of mansions y that were robbed. Heh. Simple.

Balthus: Psst. Yuri. What's the answer?

Yuri: I haven't started yet. And pay attention to your own paper.

Balthus: Ok, fine. But don't expect me to not peek over your shoulder for the answer.

Dimitri: What kind of question is this? How is one even able to decipher this?

Edelgard: Done.

Claude: What? No way you got it that quickly.

Edelgard: My teachers, could you examine my answer?

M Byleth: grabs the paper and examines it Correct. walks away with it

Dimitri: How did you get it so quickly?

Edelgard: It's simple honestly. Don't worry, you've still got time to figure it out.

Dedue: I have the answer your highness. Allow me to share it with you.

Dimitri: No, that will not be necessary Dedue. I can get this on my own.

Hilda: Clllaude? What's the answer?

Claude: looks around, shows her how to solve it, and winks

F Byleth: One minute left class. I'd better see some sort of logical answer or its rebuilding work for you.

suddenly, Rhea and Seteth walk in

Seteth: Morning professors. I hope we are not interrupting you at an important moment.

M Byleth: Not at all. Just doing a pop quiz right now. By the way, that's time. Now, what are your answers? Marianne?

Marianne: M-Me? Um, well, the answer I got was 134 houses robbed, and 100 mansions robbed. Is that right?

F Byleth: ... Can everyone turn in their papers to us now?

everyone hands their papers over to the professors

M Byleth: Marianne. Your answer was 134 houses and 100 mansions?

Marianne: Yes. I am correct?

F Byleth: That is correct. You, Edelgard, and 20 other students correctly got the right answer.

M Byleth: As for the other six who know who they are, at least you gave an honest attempt.

Caspar: What do you mean!? 234 houses and mansions were robbed! That's the right answer.