Episode 6: All Not Quiet on The Western Church

The month of the Harpstring Moon is coming to an end, and despite some scuffles here and there, all seems quiet in the land of Fodlan. However, to the surprise of the Church of Serios, a rebellion has been erected by the Western Church and plans to make an assault on Garreg Mach. And the one leading the charge, Lord Lonato, has one student questioning everything they thought they knew

in the classroom

M Byleth: Alright class! Time to learn the ABC's of combat.

F Byleth: We give you a letter, you tell us a combat art that starts with it.

M Byleth: A! Is for...

Dimitri: Atrocity.

F Byleth: B! Is for...

Petra: Bane of Monsters.

M Byleth: C! Is for...

Ignatz: Curved Shot.

F Byleth: D! Is for...

Annette: Dust!

Dorothea: Huh? Dust is a combat art?

Annette: Yup. Exclusive to Crusher.

F Byleth: Very good Annette. That's a gold star for you.

Annette: Yay!

Raphael: B-But how is that possible? Dust is really small. How's that supposed to kill someone?

Claude: Simple. Throw it in their face and watch them choke to death.

Edelgard: There's, no way that would actually work, right?

Sylvain: I mean Felix eats my dust all the time and he's still standing.

Felix: Well then how about I take that dust of yours and shove it up your nose!

M Byleth: Ok everyone! Let's get back on track. Now, E! Is for...

suddenly, Catherine, Shamir, and Seteth rush in

Catherine: Everyone! We've got a problem!

M Byleth: NO! NO! The answer is Exhaustive Strike! ... oh wait what were you talking about?

Shamir: We've got a situation. Figured we'd tell all of you guys as well.

F Byleth: Is it that serious?

Seteth: Depends. How serious do you think a revolt against the Church of Serios led by the Western Church sounds?

Byleth Twins: ... Who?

Seteth: mutters to himself Oh sweet Sothis what did Jeralt teach these two?

Mercedes: The Western Church? Why are they attacking us?

Shamir: We don't know. But our sources say that they'll be here within 24 hours. Plus, it looks like they're being led by one of the Kingdom lords; Lord Lonato.

Bernadetta: Lonato? Why does that name sound familiar?

Hilda: Yeah, I feel like I've heard that name before, which of us said that name out loud?

Ashe: That would be me. Lord Lonato, is my adopted father.

All the other students and professors: OH! ... oh.

Catherine: Yeah, we knew one of you was close to him, but we had to break the news eventually.

Lorenz: Well thanks for the information, Catherine. But do we know why Lord Lonato is attacking the Church of Serios?

Shamir: No clue.

Catherine: Actually, I might have a guess. Do you remember hearing about, The Tragedy of Duscar?