Episode 14 Malicious Miklan

After the threat of the Western Church was taken care of, all seemed to be going well in the land of Fodlan. However, word has reached the Church of Serios from House Gautier in regard to their entrusted Hero's Relic being stolen. A Hero's Relic in the wrong hands could lead to disastrous consequences if not returned to the proper owner, so Lady Rhea and Seteth call the professors to a meeting to discuss their next mission

in the Audience Chamber

Rhea: Professors, it is good to see you here.

Byleth Twins: Do you have a request for us?

Seteth: Indeed. We have received word from House Gautier that their Hero's Relic has been stolen from their property.

M Byleth: Who took it?

Rhea: According to eyewitnesses, it was bandits led by the former son of Matthias Gautier, Miklan.

F Byleth: His, former son?

Seteth: You see, House Gautier is a very strict region of the Kingdom that values the importance of crests in their family more than anything. Mostly due to their continued battles against the neighboring region of Sreng. The Relic they possess, the Lance of Ruin, is their most powerful weapon they use to their advantage.

Rhea: Miklan was born without a crest, and when Sylvain was born shortly after with a crest, he was disowned by his family and left to a life of crime.

Byleth Twins: ...

Seteth: It is not a pleasant scenario, but I ensure you that retrieving that lance from him is of the upmost importance.

Rhea: Those who attempt to wield a Hero's Relic without a crest, well it could cause dire consequences.

M Byleth: Like what Catherine and Linhardt were talking about?

F Byleth: They said that only those who share a crest associated to their relic can wield it, but didn't exactly say what would happen to someone else.

Seteth: In any case, your mission will be to head to Conrad Tower in the Kingdom and get the Lance of Ruin back.

Gilbert: walks in alongside another man You can count on us Seteth.

Seteth: Gilbert. I wasn't aware you heard us speaking. But, I appreciate your assistance none the less.

Rhea: As for you as well, Rodrigue.

Rodrigue: The pleasure is all mine, Lady Rhea.

Byleth Twins: Rodrigue?

Rodrigue: Oh, where are my manners? I am Rodrigue Achille Fraldarius, current heir to House Fraldarius and father of Felix.

M Byleth: I see. Felix has said a lot about you.

Rodrigue: He has?

F Byleth: Mostly just him making fun of you and saying stuff like, 'He died like a true knight'.

Rodrigue: Oh. I see. Anyway. Gilbert and I will be assisting you in retrieving the Hero's Relic from those bandits.

Gilbert: Margrave Gautier is a good ally of ours, so lending him a hand is the least we can do.

Rhea: Good luck to you all. May the Goddess watch over you all.

meanwhile in the classroom

Edelgard and Dimitri are in an intense game of chess. All the students gather around to watch them play and plan out their next move. Dimitri makes a play against Edelgard's bishop, but unfortunately leaves his King open for Edelgard to capture with her Queen