Episode 3: Time to Fight

The professors Byleth have been able to adjust to their new lives at Garreg Mach, as the two continue to teach their students the ins and outs of fighting. But books and lectures can only go so far, as Seteth prepares to give the students and professors their first true line of work as future knights.

in the classroom

M Byleth: Alright class, who can tell me what this is? points to a silhouette of a circle

Linhardt: A crest stone?

Ashe: A ball?

Hilda: A sheild?

Caspar: A black circle!

Raphael: A big plate of food!

Mercedes: A coin?

Sylvain: A hole!

Felix: You're 'A' Hole, Sylvain!

Sylvain: Pretty sure that's Ingrid if you know...

Ingrid: punches him Shut up!

Sylvain: Ow! Felix started it!

F Byleth: No. No. No. No. No. No. Definitely No. And you three pipe down!

Dimitri: My apologies professors. My friends tend to bicker from time to time.

M Byleth: It's fine. Just keep them under control. You might just be the sanest out of them honestly.

Felix: Trust me, he's not!

Dorothea: Hey, um, professors? Mind telling us what that silhouette is?

F Byleth: Of course, the answer is... gets interrupted by Seteth entering the room

Seteth: Professors. I hope I am not disturbing you during an important lecture, am I?

M Byleth: No, it's fine. Tell us, what do you require?

Seteth: Professors, I have something to ask of you and your students. As students of the officers academy, it is mandated that on their path to becoming knights they must partake in quelling disturbances across Fodlan. And in about 1 week, you and your students will be sent out on your first mission.

Ignatz: Our first mission? What do we have to do?

Seteth: Edelgard. Dimitri. Claude. 

3 Lords: Yes Seteth?

Seteth: Do you remember when you were separated from your class and got attacked by bandits?

Dimitri: How could we forget?

Claude: Something as scary as that doesn't really leave your mind you know.

Edelgard: But in any case, it allowed us to meet up with our teachers. Still, that event still gave us a scare.

flashback to the three lords running away from the bandits

Bandit: They went this way! After them!

the three lords continue running and panting their way through the forest. Suddenly, they reach an opening and come face to face with the Byleth Twins and Jeralt

Jeralt: Woah! What are three kids like you doing out here?

Dimitri: Our apologies sir. We were separated from our class and chased by bandits.

F Byleth: Bandits?

Edelgard: Indeed. They came out of nowhere and chased us through the woods.

Claude: We barely made it out by the skin of our teeth. But at least we lost them.