9

Even without Jimin telling him, Taehyung would immediately guess that something was off in the house. He saw people coming and leaving Jeongguk’s office for days. He knew it was because of that man that was now in the gang’s basement. He was wondering what they were doing to him but strangely, he didn’t feel any sympathy for the dude. It felt like the gang was becoming his family and that man was obviously spying on them or something so he was glad they caught him. He supposed that they were probably torturing him to get some information from him but even that thought was keeping him cool. He never realized how the short life here changed him, despite not being really involved in the activities.

“Hyung, I can go by train like always,” Taehyung whined. Yoongi insisted that for the past couple of days, someone was always driving Taehyung to school and back and he banned him from going out, telling him to go immediately to the parking lot and the car waiting for him, as soon as his class finished.

“We don’t know for how long this dude has been lurking around. He might know about you and I am not gonna take the risk of something happening to you!” Yoongi snapped at him.

“I can’t even go out with my friends, that sucks,” Taehyung pouted, flopping down on the couch of the shared living room.

“You can hang out with us,” Hoseok grinned at him encouragingly, he and Jimin were here too.

“Yeah, you guys are always busy anyway,” the youngest rolled his eyes and turned on the TV.

“Tae, you know why I’m doing this…” Yoongi sighed.

“Whatever, I am just gonna watch TV, don’t bother me,” Taehyung mumbled, knowing he was acting like a child but he didn’t care. He was locked in the house most of the time and the others were always somewhere so he was here alone.

He didn’t even care about what he was watching but the three guys left him some time ago. Maybe an hour later, Namjoon came into the kitchen, making himself a cup of coffee.

“Any progress with the guy down there?” Taehyung spoke up with interest, hoping that he’d get at least some exciting news from the boss’ brother.

“I shouldn’t really talk to you about it, Tae,” Namjoon smiled at him apologetically.

“Oh, come on, why does everyone treat me like a fucking child!” the blonde exclaimed in frustration: “I am not in the gang but I am not completely clueless.”

“There isn’t really anything to tell you anyway, the guy hasn’t said anything,” the older shrugged, sitting down on the second couch: “We’ve been taking turns trying to get something from him but he doesn’t speak.”

“Do you torture him?” Taehyung asked in a conversational tone.

“Well…” Namjoon eyed him, contemplating if he should reply but when he saw Taehyung’s neutral face, he gave in: “We are trying more moderate approach but sometimes a bit of physical pain might help. But nothing is working on him. Jungkook is losing his patience, he is gonna visit him soon.”

“He hasn’t yet?”

“No, he only saw and talked to him the night we caught him but he usually doesn’t get involved until it’s necessary,”

“Oh, I forgot that he’s the big boss so he has his soldiers to do the dirty work for him,” Taehyung snorted.

“Not really, Guk doesn’t mind getting involved but he has other stuff to take care of. Despite what lots of people can think, he takes care of lots of things by himself, it’s not that easy,” Namjoon mumbled, looking a bit sad. Taehyung felt sympathy, it was easy to forget that Namjoon was Jungkook’s older brother and it wasn’t probably easy on him. He could only imagine how Yoongi would react and feel if he was in Jungkook’s shoes and Yoongi in Namjoon’s.