Chapter two xRavenxWrites

"Jessica," I said in a whisper, reaching out to her. "Don't make any loud noises." I demanded.
"Whats the point, we are most likely going to die." She said,giving up all possible hope.
"Don't say that, I'm not going to let us die or get turned into one of these things. I promised mom and dad I wouldn't let that happen." I explained.
I made the promise with them when the thing entered our home. We were about to have dinner. Like I normally do, I helped them make it while my sister was running around the house. It wasn't long since "it happened. We were surviving off the food we planted half a mile away from the house. It was abnormally calm in what was left of the village. We should have known that it wasn't right, but we ignored it. Then, the Poisoned One slammed the door open and it was inside.
"Listen, you and Jessica need to get upstairs now." My mother said.
"No, we are not leaving you!" I yelled.
The beast snarled at us.
"Go, you need to be safe and survive this. Don't worry about me." She continued.
"I'm not going to let the thing that happened to dad, happen to you!"
"GO! And promise me you will do your best to survive this and keep your sister safe."
Then the poisoned one attacked her.
"I promise." I said while crying and dragging my sister upstairs with me.

Now we were looking for an escape, while trying not to move. Hopefully, the Poisoned One would think we were just furniture or something. Then, I spotted it. A window, it was our only way out. What didn't help was I remembered that we are upstairs.
"Let's go," I whispered to the direction of my sister, while still looking at the beast.
"Where?" She responded.
I slowly pointed to the window. She looked at me in shock.
"Are you insane? We are on the second floor." She whispered to me.
"We have no other choice, and I'm your older sister, so you will listen to me." I replied.
"Only by two years, and I'm 13, I can handle my own things."
"I know you can, but right now I'm going to get us out of this. So please don't fight with me!" I yelled the last part at her. And the beast found us and charged at us.
"Go now!" I yelled running toward the window. I didn't want to, but I pushed her towards the window. She looked back at me.
"There is a side rail we can ride down." She said then jumped towards it, and I followed.