Chapter 13: Awkward

Ian's POV

I thought it was just Anthony talking in his sleep, but I woke up to Melanie in the room. Not that she's a scary person, but the fact that she saw us together like this made me jump and fall off the bed. I squeal in pain. Anthony wakes up as well "Did you really just fall o-" I can tell he's cut off because he just realized that Melanie is in the room. We stand there motionless, for a good 3 minutes before either of us move or say anything. My heart is beating... An unhealthy amount of times per minute.

"Uh.. So what is this?" Melanie breaks the silence and takes a couple steps forward. I look at Anthony, he looks lost for words. Usually he always has a way of saving the day with lies and talking himself around things, but right now he's quieter than ever. "Um.. Well about that. Anthony and I may or may not have been dating for a month now." I say, biting my lip. I wince at the thought of her being mad or something like that. "Really! Wow. Fuck that one was a real curve ball that you threw at me. I would've never thought you'd be gay. Like what made you realize that you were gay? How? Why didn't you tell me or someone?" She says. She seems more confused and surprised than happy for me or angry at me. "Because it's a secret Mel! Not something that we wanted public! You know how this school is to homosexuals," I say, getting a little annoyed by her response. "Actually I'm bisexual." Anthony quietly adds. I roll my eyes at him because he's not helping at all. "Please don't tell anyone! Please!" I say and get up from the floor, holding her hands and pleading. "Don't worry I won't! Ian come on, did you really think I would screw Anthony and you like that? But I really can't keep this secret forever. You know that I slip up sometimes without even meaning it. You have to at least tell our friends and swear them to secrecy or something. Honestly, I just don't want you guys to get hurt either," She says. I shrug my shoulders, "I will. But please give me time. Please. I just need to find a way to tell our friends in a way that's not as surprising and sudden." I respond and itch the back of my head. "Um.. Yeah.. Ok. You probably aren't going to find a way to do that, but good luck. So I'm gonna go for now. I just need to take this all in and get like a coffee and take a bath. I'll see you later, guys, I guess," she shakily says and slowly backs out the door.

She closes the door lightly. I walk over and lock the door, standing there and simmering on the idea that someone knows our secret. I turn around and lean on the door. It's both relieving and scary that someone knows. Its 9 o'clock now. "Well, this is fucking great," Anthony says as he rubs his face. He sits up and grips his pillow. He's pissed, but I don't think he's mad at me this time. I think he's just angry at himself. The athletic teen throws the pillow across the room, which hits the wall and leaves a mark. A pillow left a mark... On a hard wall... God damn he's strong. "If I had just locked the door, none of this would've happened!" "Everything's fine. Melanie is one of my better friends here, she would never ever spill our secret to anyone. At least not soon. She can keep her mouth shut for 3 months, but after that we may need to watch out." What I say is no lie, even though I've known Mel for a little sliver of my life she's one person I can trust. We sit there in silence. I walk over to Anthony's bed and sit down next to him. "Well I don't trust her," he says, turning so his back is facing towards me. "She's just too invasive. I don't like her at all."

"Anthony you're being a dumb jealous bitch, get over it." I say and hug him. "Sorry, but I really don't want you're life to be a living hell for 4 years. There are really dumb idiots in this school," he whispers and turns around so he can hug me. "It's just you're so innocent." He puts his face in the crook of my neck and gives me little kisses. "I'm fine with being bullied for 4 years if I can be with you forever." He gives me a little kiss on the forehead. "You're so fucking cheesy, Ian," he groans and gets up from his bed. "I thought I was going to be able to sleep in today, but I guess that's not an option anymore." I just shrug my shoulders and give him a smile. I'm still contemplating on how I'm able to date one of the sexiest man on this campus. "You're staring, Hecox!" He laughs. My cheeks become a bright red and I get up from the bed as well. He goes into the bathroom and turns on the shower. "What are you doing? You never even dare brushing you're teeth on the weekends, which is really gross Anthony," I yell out and go walk over to the bathroom as well and sneak a little peak into the bathroom. He's taking off his clothes, which makes me blush like a mad man. I feel the heat radiating off my face and I feel my eyes dilate. The shower producing a lot of steam and heat, making his body look more toned and hot. "Were gonna go out. I wanna show you something." He yells out, still oblivious that I'm peaking on him. I feel like a perv, but I'm his boyfriend... I'm allowed to have some fun right? He strips all the way down to his boxer briefs and starts to turn around. I don't think I've ever moved faster in my life, but I flew back and jump into the bed. "Um? What the fuck was that?" He suspiciously asks as he cocks one of his brows up. "I just got a sudden burst of energy." I say, face down in the bed. "Yeah, sure. Pervo, I saw you in the reflection of the tile." My cheeks become red as ever. He comes behind me, "I swear Ian, you're little freshman hormones were worse than mine." Just feeling his bare chest on me, makes chills go down my spine. He leans off of me and ruffles my hair. "Horny bastard," he growls, but laughs after. I turn around and see him get some clean clothes from his dresser. My cheeks are still a bright red. He closes the door behind him. I laugh, knowing that I just made a complete fool of myself. I wonder what he's going to show me, he's not really the romantic guy. Who knows, maybe he'll surprise me.