༊*·˚05

𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐬, 05

KIM DONG-HYUN WAS A CITIZEN.

   Shin Han-Byeol remained fixated on her phone, it felt as if she had been reading those words for hours, letting the harsh reality of another classmate's death sink in once more. In the lobby, she waited anxiously for Jun-Hee and the others to arrive, surrounded by concerned and worried classmates.

   The sound of the main entrance's door swinging open alarmed the students in the lobby as they watched only six people return. "What happened to Dong-Hyun?" Eun-Chan asked Jun-Hee who seemed even more drained than before to Han-Byeol.

   Their Class President responded with painful silence, "Yah.. Say something. What happened do Dong-Hyun? What's going on?" Mi-Na inquired, her voice quivering.

   "He thought..." So-Mi began with her same whimpers that she used when "apologising" to Yoon-Seo and Han-Byeol, "the line stopped there. So he was checking. Then he slipped." Han-Byeol scowled at So-Mi's fake sobs, knowing that whom believed it wasn't her doing was a fool.

   "Then how far into the village were you able to go?" Kyung-Jun stepped forward, still not receiving an answer from Jun-Hee or anyone else for that matter, "You said you would meet people and call the police. Did you do it?!"

   "We couldn't go," Jun-Hee finally spoke, his tone burdened with pain, which pierced Han-Byeol's heart. "The entire place is enclosed with the line." In response, Kyung-Jun turned around and angrily flung his phone across the floor, while others released sighs of fear, running their hands through their hair in frustration. "We're completely locked in here."

   "Then does it mean," Han-Byeol pursed her lips, "we can't leave this place until the game is over..?"

   "Right." Jun-Hee responded as Han-Byeol shot eyes of worry at him.