༊*·˚07

𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐬, 07

   Upon hearing the familiar melody of the alarm that had awaken her from her sleep the day before, Han-Byeol's eyes snapped open, and she sprang up from where she lay next to Jun-Hee. One by one, all her classmates began to do the same.

   "Jun-Hee.." Han-Byeol muttered softly as he watched a few tears escape his eyes, the lifeless bodies of their classmates still in the room. She placed a hand of comfort on his back, gently rubbing it.

   "Yah.. Lee Ju-Young. Ju-Young!" Mi-Na panicked as she shook the Lee girl who had a piece of cloth covering her face.

   "What is it?"

   "Ju-Young's weird.." Mi-Na replied, her voice wavering.

   "Why?" Yoon-Seo exclaimed, scrambling to her feet and rushing to where Ju-Young lay on the floor. With trembling hands, she knelt down and slowly removed the cloth covering her face, revealing Ju-Young's pale face. A piece of cloth was tied tightly around her neck, a grim reflection of the horrors they had endured.

   Han-Byeol cautiously helped Jun-Hee up, his face filled with shock as he observed the scene.

DURING THE NIGHT, LEE JU-YOUNG WAS EXECUTED BY THE MAFIA.

LEE JU-YOUNG WAS A CITIZEN.

MORNING HAS COME.

ALL PARTICIPANTS, IDENTIFY THE MAFIA AND BEGIN TO VOTE.

   Mi-Na dashed towards Jun-Hee, tears rolling down her face as she shoved the boy and grabbed him by the collar, "I said I wouldn't hand in my phone! If we hadn't turned in our phones, we wouldn't have slept here. And they wouldn't have died! You killed them all, Kim Jun-Hee! It's on you!"

   Before Han-Byeol could intervene, So-Mi had beat her to it, pushing Mi-Na away, "Stop it."

   "If only we'd voted sooner.." Na-Hee cried silently to herself at the edge of the hall. "Then they wouldn't have died."

   "They're not wrong." Ji-Soo spat, scowling at Jun-Hee. "We survived by pure luck. You and Ko Kyung-Jun, what'll you do about it now?!"

   "Did I suggest we hand them in?" He shot back. "Kim Jun-Hee you scumbag, you said we just had to give up our phones! This happened because of you. It's on you."

   "You fucking asshole." Han-Byeol snapped, "So that's what you were trying to do, huh? "Siding" with Jun-Hee and then when he turned out to be wrong, you act like it's all his fault! Just so you don't get voted out and he does! You're getting on my fucking nerves, you shitty coward. If anything, you're the one to blame."