༊*·˚03

𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐬, 03

   Heo-Yul clenched his head in pain, however, his friends still believed it was all an act and continued to tease and joke around with him, "Gosh, he's begging for attention again." Baek Eun-Ha kissed her teeth in annoyance.

   "That's enough."

   "Are you acting again? It's not funny, stop." A friend of his tried to get Heo-Yul to pull his head up, but the boy shoved his friend's hand away and turned around letting out yells of pain.

   He screamed in agony before he cut himself off, hanging his head low and not making a sound. 

   "Yah, are you okay?"

   "He's okay, right?"

   "Yul, that's enough, I said." As Heo-Yul finally rose his head, revealing his iris and pupil to have completely disappeared, leaving his eyes a milky white.

   "Shit..." His friend startled, stepping back at the sight of his face. "Yah!" Heo-Yul dropped to his knees, relentlessly pounding his head on the floor. Blood streamed from his forehead, and cries of fear resonated with each hit.

   Despite his friends' attempts to prevent him from slamming his head onto the floor, Heo-Yul effortlessly pushed them away before proceeding to pound his head onto the blood-stained surface. "No! Stop that!" His friend pulled him up, his hair and face drenched in blood.

   The lifeless, zombie-like boy shifted to his right and charged headfirst into a glass painting hanging on the wall, repeating the same action with another one. Han-Byeol could only watch in terror as she stumbled to the ground, paralyzed with fear.

   "Heo-Yul.." Jun-Hee cried, "What's going on..? Yah!"

   Ignoring every call that was made, Heo-Yul sprinted through the hallway, causing everyone to hastily clear a path as he charged toward the window. "Heo-Yul! No! Stop it!" Han-Byeol cried out, rising to her feet just as the boy collided with the window, shattering glass all around as he fell to his fate.

   The now pale faced girl felt her heart climb to her throat as she neared the shattered window, each footstep cracking the already broken glass further. Just then, the loudspeakers issued another announcement,

HEO-YUL WAS A CITIZEN.

   Upon hearing that, Han-Byeol dashed towards the window. However, just a few steps away, a sweet lullaby was heard from the loudspeakers, echoing through the hall. The girl felt her eyelids grow heavy, and she collapsed to the floor in a deep slumber, along with all her other classmates.