༊*·˚10

𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐬, 10

   "We've reached the end," Jun-Hee declared, checking both directions in the passageway only to find dead ends on either side.

   "What? Are you sure? Look carefully." Han-Byeol's tone was heavy with disbelief, "I fell through the floor."

   "The floor's firm too." He replied. The lass walked to the end of the passageway to check if it was really a dead end.

   "That's impossible..."

   Jun-Hee sat beside Han-Byeol on the rooftop, offering her comfort in his presence as she let a few tears slip out of her eyes, "It's weird, you know. Ever since I came here, I haven't been aching to die anymore."

   "What do you mean?" Jun-Hee inquired with confusion.

   "Since my dad passed away, I've struggled to find a reason to keep going. Death didn't scare me; I often wished for it to come. There were times when it almost did. But dying here like this? That's something I never thought would happen. I don't want this." Han-Byeol sighed at the thought of her father. "I don't want to die, Jun-Hee."

   The boy gazed at her, concern evident in his eyes, before offering a reassuring smile and reaching out to gently wipe away one of her tears. "Han-Byeol. You won't die. I'll never let you die."

   "Then, you too." Han-Byeol returned the reassuring smile, "Kim Jun-Hee. No matter what, you can't die.

   "Mhm, me too. I promise." Jun-Hee's eyes forming crescents, "We have to go home after all. Don't you want to go home?"

   "I do. I want to go home." The girl replied.

   "Right. And don't worry even if we can't restore the footage. We can find another way." Han-Byeol nodded, accepting Jun-Hee's comfort and solace, "But, do you think there's another form of proof?"