Chapter Six

I nearly dropped the phone. I couldn't move, I couldn't speak, I couldn't even think for a few seconds.

I heard Andy trying to get my attention. "Danni? Hello? Are you still there? Hello?"

I took a shaky breath before replying. "I'm hear."

"Nobody deserves to live with what you do. If it's ok with you, I think it would be best if I got you out of there as soon as possible," he said slowly.

"I don't know Andy. I don't want to be a nuisance to you and the band. I would just get in the way," I replied meekly, hugging my knees to my chest. "Also, I grew up in this house. There are more good memories here than there are bad ones."

"Please Danni, I wouldn't be able to leave for the rest of the tour knowing what's going on with you," Andy pleaded. "Eventually, there will be more bad memories than good ones if you stay." I heard the desperation in his voice as he pleaded with me to go with him. Maybe he really did care.

I sighed after a minute of silence. "Ok, as long as you're sure I won't just get in the way."

"I promise you that you won't be a nuisance to us. What's your address? I'll come and pick you up now." I could hear the smile in his voice which made me smile a little as well.

I gave him my address and he said he would be there in fifteen minutes. I thanked him and we said our goodbyes so that I could pack.

I got up and slowly limped over to my closet to grab my suitcase. I shoved my other pair of converse in it, which was the only other pair of shoes I owned other than the ones I was wearing. Shoes were way to hard to steal.

I then went to my dresser and grabbed all of my shirts, skinny jeans, undergarments, and socks.

I grabbed the few earrings that I owned (which were all plugs), my nose rings and my lip rings. I stuffed them all in my suitcase and then headed to the bathroom. I packed all my toiletries and makeup and brushed the knots out of my now matted hair.

I looked at all of the bruising and cuts that my dad had left mostly on my face and arms. I knew there would be more severe bruising under my shirt and lash marks on my back from where he'd hit me with his belt. I cleaned up everything on my face, arms, and the front of my torso. I then turned my attention to my back.

I reached back and tried to lift my shirt up but some blood had dried from the lashes, sticking my shirt painfully to my the cuts. I stepped in the shower and carefully wet my back, releasing the shirt from it. I pulled it off and dried my back off with a towel. The marks were pale around the edges of my back, getting redder and angrier as they reached my tattoo in the middle of my back. There was a large X over the upside down star that I loved so much, but I knew that it couldn't be helped now. I just had to hope it wouldn't mess up the tattoo to much. I refrained from looking at the older and more faded belt marks as I headed back to my room.

I dug through my suitcase and pulled out a Motionless in White tank top and threw it on. Just as I threw the bloody shirt in the suitcase and closed it back up I heard a knock on the front door.

I picked up my suitcase, careful not to strain myself to much, and ran downstairs. I opened the door and smiled when I saw Andy standing there, a cab waiting by the curb to take us back to the tour bus.

We each said hello and he grabbed my bag before I could protest, carrying it down to the curb. I took note of how he seemed to not even take notice of all the marks on my body. For that I was grateful.

He threw the suitcase in the back and opened the door for me. I thanked him and hopped in, Andy following close behind.

As we started the ride back, I turned to face him. "Thank you again for getting me out of there. I don't know how much longer I would've been able to hold out..." I trailed off as a tear fell. I cry way to much, I know, but I got it from my mother so I didn't mind much. I felt stupid for crying in front of Andy, my idol and one of my heroes. He probably was comparing me to dirt right now.