Chapter Twelve

"Why have you been avoiding me lately? You talk to everybody else," Andy said, the hurt evident in his voice.

"I'm sorry," I replied, not meeting his gaze.

"I don't want an apology, I want an explanation."

I sighed, realizing he wasn't going to give this up. "Look Andy, I'm just... I don't... Ugh." I put my head in my hands. This was difficult to explain. He waited patiently for me to continue and when I did, my voice was strong and sure. Stronger than it had been in years.

I looked him dead in the eye. "Andy, the things done to me by my father have left me scarred, not just physically, but mentally. Before my mother died, my father loved me more than anything else in the world. When she died, it was like I was a stranger to him. He saw me only as something to take out his anger on and nothing more. He's left my view on love shattered and broken. The way I see it, love only exists until it doesn't."

Tears were now falling from my eyes but my voice remained strong. "I'm afraid to love because my dad showed me that it can be thrown out the window and forgotten about at any time. That's why I've been avoiding you. Ashley too. You both want me but I'm afraid to let you get close to me because I'm afraid I'll just get hurt again." Now I was talking to myself more than I was talking to Andy. He was a mere witness to all of my pent up thoughts and emotions spilling out of me as a result of them being held in for to long.

"I don't want to be afraid, I don't want to be scared of you or Ashley or anyone else that shows any intrest in me but... but..." I couldn't go on any longer. My words began to slur and the world blurred around me as I broke down.

I tried to run back to the bus but Andy grabbed me with his powerful grip and dragged me into his hard chest. I clung to him as we both cried, neither of us holding back.

I looked up at him after a little while, confused. "Why are you crying?"

"Because you're crying, and it hurts me to see you so sad," he replied, smiling through his tears. I blushed at that. It was cliché, yes, but I thought it was sweet.

"Danni, I swear on Chris's grave that I will never hurt you. If we ever have fights or arguments, we'll talk it out together. I'll do whatever you want to prove to you that I mean it."

I knew he was serious then. Chris Holley had been one of his best friends, and the loss of him had taken a toll on the whole band. I'd only known him for a week or two, but it was long enough for me to see why the guys liked him so much.

"Just ask me to be your girlfriend you doofus," I said with a huge smile. He grinned from ear to ear and rested his forehead against mine.

"Let me show you what real love is like, Danni. Will you be my girlfriend?" He asked me quietly, his lips centimeters away from mine.

"Yes," I whispered. He kissed me softly and then led me back to the tour bus, my hand in his. Now we just had to tell the guys.

I stopped Andy outside the door and looked down at my shoes. "Andy... What about Ashley? He's been so tense around us both lately. I think he has an idea of what went on between us a month ago. Remember the first time you kissed me? Maybe he wasn't as unconscious as we thought he had been."

He put his finger under my chin and lifted my head up so that my chocolate brown eyes met his crystal blue ones. "We'll face him together. And if I know Ash, he'll probably get over it quickly if you know what I mean," he said, a smirk on his face. I chuckled and nodded in agreement.

We both took a deep breath before entering the bus, my hand held tightly in his. We found that none of the guys were even there. Andy checked his phone and told me that he had a few texts from Jinxx. He read them out loud to me.

Jinxx (11:30)- Hey, CC, Jake and I are meeting up with Ashley at the bar, u wanna find Danni and come with?

Jinxx (11:45)- Duuude u there?

Jinxx (11:55)- K we're done waiting 4 u. We'll b at Way Down Under right down the street and around the corner from the venue if u wanna join

Andy sighed, checking his phone settings. "My text notifications got turned off some how," he told me. "That's why I didn't get the texts."

"Well then let's go catch up with them. We'll have a Black Veil Brides night," I said. Andy chucked at that.

I kissed his cheek and headed back to my bunk to change. I threw on a Jack Daniels vest top, black high wasted shorts with studs on one side, and my new high heeled black ankle boots that gave me an extra three inches.

I checked my make up in the mirror, threw on a few silver wired bracelets, and put my hand over my BVB necklace. I guess it did bring me good luck after all.

I headed back out and stopped in the doorway of the living room to see Andy had turned on his favorite cartoon, Batman. I chuckled at the sight of him sitting on the floor as close to the screen as he could get with his knees pulled up to his chest. He looked like a ten year old.

He turned at the sound of my laughter and looked me up and down, wolf whistling as he got up. "I like those shorts," he said, smirking at me. I blushed heavily and headed out the door, dragging him with me.

"BUT... BUT... BATMAN!" he screamed, clinging to the doorframe of the tour bus.

"BATMAN CAN WAIT, LETS GO!" I screamed back at him, laughing my ass off. I eventually managed to pry his fingers from the bus and pushed him down the side walk towards the bar.

We turned the corner and stopped dead in our tracks. We saw an ambulance stopped outside the bar that Jinxx had said they would be at. We ran up, shielding our eyes from the flashing lights as we tried to get a glimpse of who the paramedics were wheeling out on the stretcher.

I saw three guys run out behind the stretcher and gather around it before the paramedics lifted it into the ambulance. I grabbed Andy's hand in terror as I recognized the three men. He squeezed my hand, realizing who they were as well.

Jake, Jinxx, and CC were all gathered around the man on the stretcher. They didn't even acknowledge Andy and I as we walked up to them.

I grabbed CC and turned him towards me. He seemed dazed and didn't recognize me for a second. He then blinked rapidly. "Danni? Andy? What are you two doing here?"

"No time to explain. CC, what happened to Ashley?"

Little cliffy for ya'll ;) I'm evil haha *evil laugh* Don't forget to comment your thoughts and vote! Danny's outfit to the side-->