Chapter 2

Andrea slowly got a grip on her conscious as her alarm blared, cutting off her dreamless sleep. She threw her hand over and pressed each button, trying to find the right one to turn off the annoyance of her morning wake up call.

She slowly tried to open her eyes, adjusting to her sight, feeling groggy and tired. She brought her hand back over to the blanket and pulled it off of her, the sudden hit of cold air in her room made her shiver, forcing her to immediately yank the blankets back over herself, she brought it back up to her neck and planted her face into her pillow and groaned.

She turned back to face her ceiling, staring at it for five minutes, finally deciding to deal with the cold. She pulled back her blankets again, feeling the bitter cold and shivered, but dragged herself away from bed anyways. She stood up and stretched, cracking her back and fingers, as she stumbled once she tried to start walking.

She regained her balance and made her way over to her dresser and opened the first drawer, taking out a shirt. Then the second drawer, taking out a pair of pants. Finally, 10 minutes later of slow moving, lots of tempting stares at her bed to crawl back in and not go to school, and figuring out what she wants to wear, she goes downstairs to eat breakfast

"Good morning Andrea"

A low, tired voice called out to her from the couch

"Hey dad..."

She yawned and walked over to the pantry

"Is mom still in bed?"

"Yeah... she is..."

He sighed and stood up, making his way over to the kitchen. Andrea got out some cereal to eat, and made her breakfast

«Time skip»

One long morning later, Andrea is at her front door racking her mind for anything else that she needed. Then she remembered her newly found back pack, she checked the time then took off her bag and shoes, walking back up to her room to look at her bag again. Why? No idea.

She opened her door to look at the deflated bag, and walked over to the pocket, opening it again, expecting to see absolutely nothing inside. Only to find that there in fact was something inside.

It was a notebook.

She looked at it for a few seconds, then remembered that she might just miss the bus, she checked the time and saw that it was one minute away from reaching her house, in a panic she took the notebook with her, running down the stairs, missing a few.

She put her shoes on and threw her raggedy, dirty, old backpack onto her back

"BYE MOM BYE DAD."

The front door slammed open and shut as she ran out to her driveway, just in time because her bus pulled up just then. The doors opened allowing her on

"Morning"

She walked up the steps to be greeted with a smile from her bus driver.

"Morning."

His raspy, smokers voice greeted her and she walked to her usual seat.