she loved you, she always has

late january 2023
-
after their draw against chelsea, which felt much like a victory for arsenal and a loss for chelsea despite the points being split, london colney felt different.

there was a spark in the air.

elena loved it. the players had felt closer than ever to her. they were practicing and playing like a coherent team.

elena's private life was going better than ever, leah spent a lot of time at elena's new apartment when victoria wasn't around.

"here, try," leah held up the wooden spoon of cookie dough to elena, who was sitting on the kitchen counter, watching the english woman bake her latest batch of cookies at elena's apartment.

leah argued that her oven was brand new, better and faster she would say.

it was just an excuse to spend more time with elena.

"but it's raw..." elena softly pushed away the spoon as leah pouted.

"it's really good superstar, have you never tried cookie dough before?"

elena shook her head as leah handed the spoon to her.

elena tried some, it was sweet, she grinned as leah gave her a knowing look.

"i told you," leah smirked.

elena rolled her eyes playfully. "you're too smug for your own good," she whispered as she wrapped her legs around leah, kissing the blonde softly.

leah cooked dinner for the pair later that night. it was simple day for the two of them, but somehow every moment made elena smile out of happiness.

they were continuing their gossip girl episodes curled underneath the blankets on the couch when the lock on the door starts being fiddled with.

elena looked up, moving leah's arms around her ever so slightly as the english woman groaned tiredly.

"i'm cold now, you're letting the cold air in," she whispered. leah had gotten quite comfortable with spooning elena, their body heat warming together quickly.

when the door finally opens, victoria steps through with some grocery bags and her phone to her ear.

"ja, ja, ik beloof dat ik er morgen naar zal luisteren. dag vio, ik hou van je. (yes, yes, i promise i'll listen to it tomorrow. bye vio, love you.)" she hung up her phone as she turned her back on elena, placing the bags on the kitchen counter.

"hey el," victoria said over the television.

"hey vic," elena said as leah pulled her back down, pulling her closer.

"hey leah," vic also mumbled, her back still turned.

elena darted back up. she hadn't told victoria that leah was here today, let alone that they were dating. elena tensed, leah's arms still holding her waist.

"what?" elena's voice echoed over the room.

victoria turned around, smiling, "don't worry, i am sure no one else knows."

"yeah, let's try to keep it that way," leah said in an authoritative tone, sitting up and pulling elena closer.

victoria mock saluted the pair before turning back to the groceries.

elena trusted victoria not to say anything, but for some reason, that didn't settle her stomach like it was supposed to.

a few days later, on their off day, leah drives elena back to lia's. the spaniard had a few spare things to pick up before she was fully moved into the new apartment.