in plain sight

mid-late march 2023
the next three weeks blur by, blending in with each other as it's filled with games, trainings, and time spent with loved ones. elena doesn't remember the games all too well, she remembers beating liverpool and reading, having started both games but being substituted off in the pair of home games at meadow park.

they get a couple of days off and elena uses it as time to fly back to barcelona to visit her family.

victoria tags along, just 'cause she said she wanted to.

"oh it'll be so cool el, i'm very excited. i haven't been there unless it's for games and it's always nice to visit new places!" victoria had chatted her ear off in the cab ride to the airport, but elena couldn't agree more. it was always fun to bring people along to meet her barcelona teammates. elena herself also loved visiting new places and be a tourist for once, not just a footballer.

victoria meets aurora, and they get along splendidly. too well in fact; it sort of scared the spaniard but she had learned that victoria was just very easily likeable.

"who are you calling? we have to go soon, you've been on the phone for like an hour," elena pokes her head into aurora's guest room, where victoria was currently calling somebody. probably her sister. she's been doing a bunch of that lately.

"it's ke! you should say hi!" victoria turns her head back to her phone. "ke! it's elena you guys should talk!"

victoria basically shoves her phone into elena's hands as she goes back outside to finish up her brunch. the spaniard glares at vic but turns back to the phone to see ke is already smiling on facetime.

"hey lena! vic was just helping me pick out an outfit, what do you think? white and grey or green and grey?" she turns the camera over to display the two outfits on the bed."

"oh um, the white and grey looks really good. may i ask where you're going though?" elena asks quietly.

"i'm visiting paris with my mum! do you have any suggestions on where we should go? i saw you went there over christmas break."

elena smiles softly, "if you could visit the eiffel tower at midnight it's really pretty, or if you can't just seeing the lights are just as good. oh uh also it wasn't in paris but i had a really good baguette in lyon when i was last there, you could probably find even better ones in paris!"

"that sounds great, i will definitely look for some baguettes. vic told me you're in barcelona, i hope you have fun!"

somehow elena's smile widened.

"i hope you have fun in paris too, ke," she replied softly.

"hey, i'm gonna try this on just to make sure it looks good, alright?" ke said setting down her phone and grabbing the clothes. elena stared at the screen turned upwards, displaying a hotel roof.

two minutes later, the phone is picked back up by a smiling blonde who sets it up against something.

"so? how does it look?" she does a little twirl for the camera and the spaniard has to be honest with the dane.

"you look lovely," she swallowed nervously. she couldn't even lie if she wanted to. she didn't by the way.

"yeah? my mum likes to take a lot of photos when we visit new places so-"

the door opened with a click and elena looked towards the door suddenly.

victoria came back in the room with an easy grin, "oops, almost forgot my phone, and you! aurora says that you have to hurry up."

"what?" elena narrows her eyes, annoyed. "we were literally waiting for you to finish!" she turned back to victoria who peered over her shoulder, waving to ke.