Chapter 16 Ball

Artist: nayasis4040
Warning violence:
A month later:
Ballister pov:

"Are you sure your heat isn't gonna start?" Ambrosius asked. I was in the middle of buttoning my black suit when he asked me that.

"Don't worry, I took some pills and they should keep me safe from the night." I said. I felt Ambrosius wrap his arms around me making me smile. "It's stupid that we have to keep our marriage a secret." He said. "I agree with you but Mum said that no one can know who I am still. I'm not sure why, but she's the queen and my mother so I can't disobey her." I said.

I kissed his cheek before smiling at him. "Come on. We're gonna be late for the spring party." I said holding his hand.

"I really hope we don't see Todd there." Ambrosius said while opening the door. "He's gonna be hard to ignore with his parents being the hosts." I said walking out the door.

A little while later:

"Are we there yet?" Ambrosius asked over the phone. "I don't know. Let me check." I said. I looked out my window and saw a line of carriages the were stuck in traffic. "Oh, Ambrosius I think I see your parents up ahead." I said waving at Ambrosius's parents.

I put my head back in the window and the carriage started moving. "Finally! I'm moving. Are you?" Ambrosius asked. "Yes, I'm moving." I said.

Ambrosius and I had to ride in separate carriages so no one would figure out we were married. Thankfully we finally got to the sureblade estate and I immediately got out. "Finally! I can breathe!" I said. I heard Ambrosius chuckle before walking to lord Sureblade and lady Sureblade. "Ah, welcome Sir Goldenloin! I take it your honeymoon is going well?" Lord Sureblade asked Ambrosius.

"It's... Going very well." He said. "Well, perhaps next season a mini Goldenloin will be running around, huh?" Lord Sureblade said poking his wife. She was clearly annoyed with him but didn't say anything.

"Huh! Get it? Because rumor has it the crown prince is an omega and a trans." Lord Sureblade said laughing. I looked down in shame when I heard Ambrosius scoff.

"Lord Sureblade, inside of worrying about my marriage maybe worry about your own. Have a good evening." Ambrosius said before walking away.

Lord Sureblade was clearly angry and red in the face but lady Sureblade was smiling a little. Ambrosius walked past me but I saw him wink making me grin.

Thankfully I didn't have to talk to the Sureblade's long and went to my room for the night. Most of the people coming live far away so they are allowed to stay for the night.

I noticed the sun was almost down so I put on my wedding ring and put my gloves over it before walking out of the room.

Looks like they really went all out this season. The place was practically covered in diamonds. I noticed my mum and sisters walk in and quietly waved at them. They smiled at me while I went to the buffet table.

I grabbed a glass of champagne and took a sip. I noticed Ambrosius on the other side of the dance floor and winked at him. He looked away but I knew what he was saying.

An hour later:

I'm so bored! I've got to get out of here. Lord Sureblade has been giving some sort of speech for almost 10 minutes and I tuned out a while ago. I made sure no one was looking when I slowly left the room and into the garden.