09

This was Mingi's second failed attempt at trying to get through Yunho's cell. He left a few text messages, but he preferred hearing Yunho's voice.

Before every homecoming game, Mingi would make sure to physically see Yunho before to cheer him on. Heck, he tried to do it every game, but Yunho seemed to have graduated the tradition fairly quick. Which was alright. Knowing that Yunho didn't need the little motivation because he was more confident was understandable. Mingi preferred it rather than having Yunho second guess his capabilities.

But, this was Yunho's last homecoming game. Ever.

Was Mingi upset? Just the smallest bit... it just felt like Yunho was ignoring him. Yes, Yunho was, as per usual, occupied, and Mingi was the one who proposed their break, but it was for Yunho's sake. Even before the break, he and Yunho drifted little by little— God. Mingi needed to stop.

At this point, his thoughts were like a vinyl, and his mind was the record player that had all his troublesome notions on repeat. Once again, he was overthinking. Right now, his feelings needed to take the back seat, right now, Mingi needed to support Yunho as best he could.

After the third and final call, Mingi caved and sent a voice message right before his phone died. He signed, tossing the device on the steel table. Curse him for not leaving his phone to charge overnight. He wasn't even sure when he would get the time to talk to Yunho, especially since this was the biggest game at their school. There was a party bound to be thrown and Mingi knew Yunho had to show up to those, so it would likely be another day before he could see his best friend.

Mingi shook his head. He was going to try his darndest to talk to Yunho before his game, at least a 'good luck.' They were both at school, albeit busy tending to different things, but they were in the same place. If Mingi can't run into Yunho, he might just believe God was behind all these unfortunate attempts.

Mingi slapped his cheeks in encouragement, shaking the negativity out of his body.

The garden was one of the places that gave him peace of mind, looking at his colorful flowers, all growing and watered—he nodded as if he was coming to an agreement with the flora in his garden. Mingi would get a charger to charge his phone, he would get to talk to Mingi, the school's team would win, and more good things would come.

Mingi couldn't just keep thinking of all the bad things. He grabbed his basket of freshly picked flowers, heading to his work table to start arranging the flowers for the bouquet he was going to give Yunho (and his team, of course) when they won.

"Minie?" Mingi recognized Yunbin's voice, "They're you are," he approached as the shorter turned to acknowledge his presence.

"Yunnie? What's up?" Mingi smiled warmly but soon arched his brows, noticing the hesitancy in his childhood friend's movements.

"Speak or forever hold your peace," Mingi teased, dusting his hands on his gardening apron, walking towards the latter.

"This is gonna be my first and last homecoming game here... and it'd be great if you cheered me on?" Yunbin held up a brightly colored banner with his jersey number on it. Mingi laughed, taking the piece of cloth from the younger.

"Where'd you get this?" Mingi chuckled at the banner filled with cutesy little hearts and stars.

"The art club's selling it at the front, they gave me a discount—cool, isn't it?"

Mingi laughed at the genuine appreciation Yunbin held for the cloth, "I think they should have given it to you for free, but I'll give it to them—it's definitely cute."

"So, you're gonna cheer for me?" Yunbin questioned eagerly. "Yeah, of course! I'll be cheering for everyone."

"Well, yeah, but I mean-" Mingi interrupted, his hand flying toward Yunbin's arm, startling the boy.