14

Yunho's heart spiked seeing Yunbin leaning against the wall next to the door of the school's infirmary.

He got here first before he could get to Mingi. Yunho felt the irritation sink in until he remembered that if Yunbin hadn't shown up, then Mingi might have been alone. Yunbin even tried to call him too.

"Thanks," Yunho reminds himself to be courteous as he makes his way to the door, but Yunbin stops him as he blocks the entrance. They glare at each other, neither one moving.

Yunho raises his brows before reaching for the doorknob, but Yunbin strikes his hand away.

What the hell.

"Move," Yunho insists, pushing Yunbin out of the way only for him to bounce back and do the same. Yunho grabs onto Yunbin's collar, and the latter wrinkles his shirt with a death grip.

"What's your fucking problem-" it was more of a threat than a question.

"You. You're my fucking problem, hyung," Yunbin pulls him closer, heads butting.

Why was he even wasting his time? He needed to see Mingi now. He had to see if he was safe.

Yunho exhales, elbowing the younger away, "I don't have time for this. Move," but Yunbin doesn't budge as he plants his feet on the ground, widening his stance, ready to shove Yunho out of the way. Yunho's patience runs thin, but Yunbin's next question takes Yunho aback, short-circuiting.

"Are you and Mingi going out?"

Where was this coming from? Yunho paused.

"Exactly," Yunbin remarked as if he was proving his point.

"Just because you like Mingi doesn't mean he's yours, Yunho. You never have time— what's the point if you can't drop what you're doing to be with him when he needs you the most? You're late, and Mingi doesn't need someone who can't show up on time."

Yunho falters.

He was so eager to set things straight with Yunbin, but now Yunbin was doing the same.

It was true, Yunho was always late... Whenever it came to Mingi, the younger was always waiting for him.

"You aren't the only one who likes him, and frankly, you aren't the first," Yunbin points out, taking a step closer to Yunho, " I'll make this crystal clear, hyung. I like Mingi, and I'm not gonna back down just because you're not ready to make it official."

Yunho opens his mouth to say something, anything, but the door behind them opens. Mingi leans against the entrance, his hands and knees bandaged, pink seeping out of the gauze.

Yunho's heart falls from his chest seeing Mingi injured.

"Min, you need to lay down," Yunbin declares, heading towards the boy. Yunho moves faster, hands on Mingi's waist to steady him, Mingi only smiles as he plants his hand against Yunho's arm, satisfied to finally see the older.

"Mingi-ah..." Yunho's fingers are unsteady as he carefully holds one of Mingi's bandaged hands in his. Mingi tries his best to deescalate the alarms that were ringing in Yunho's mind.

"I'm fine, I'm fine," Mingi chuckles, tightening his grip on Yunho's hand to prove his point.

"No, you're not fine," Yunbin interrupts, swooping Mingi away from Yunho and guiding him back into the room to sit down. Yunho follows right behind.

"I am, promise! The whole thing just overwhelmed me. I'm alive aren't I?" Mingi jokes as he tries to brush off the situation prior, but the boys don't laugh, their faces seeping with concern.