15

It was expected, the punishment for the bullies was minimal. Clean up duty, a no-bullying seminar, and dismissing the cheerleaders from participating in the rest of the Fall festivities. No write up on their records, no police involved.

Thanks to Wooyoung, San, Yunho, Yunbin and the few people who saw the dilemma— word spread fast in the school and other students were aware.

Bullying was not tolerated.

Yunbin was right, dammit. The people Yunho's always tried to impress— once he spoke up, a lot of them followed him. He was so afraid that they'd look at him differently, cast him away once he didn't stick to the 'normal.'

His worries were shut down.

However, Yunho still felt the guilt creeping in his bones, because the more he stopped caring and the more he hung out with Mingi again, he became a target for people who had nothing to do but bully.

It was so conflicting. He wanted to stay away so Mingi wouldn't get unwanted attention, but he knew that he couldn't do that anymore. Yunho wouldn't hide Mingi as a means to protect him. He would be right by his side to make sure everyone knew that if they messed with Mingi, they messed with him. And to rub it in Yunbin's (and other people who dared to take interest in his Mingi) face that Mingi was officially his.

From the time Mingi consented to being Yunho's person, the elder refused to leave his side as much as his schedule would allow.

"We don't even share this class. Don't tell me you're following me in there too?" Mingi joked, trying to turn around in Yunho's tight hold to face him.

Yunho squeezed his hips in retaliation for the teasing causing the younger to squeak, hitting him across the chest, "why not?" Yunho pouted.

Their relationship had been one hell of a ride, trying to figure out their momentum. Once Yunho and Mingi landed on the same page, it was like Yunho let his guard down and turned into his true golden retriever evolution.

He didn't run away from Mingi's PDA, in fact, Yunho's been initiating everything with the shorter. So much so that Mingi who usually thrived off of physical affection, flushed bright red at the sweetness of his now boyfriend.

"I'll come pick you up after class," Yunho engulfed Mingi in a hug, burying his face full of soft red hair. As they part, Yunho takes off his varsity jacket placing it around the younger, "nothing to say?" Yunho teased, swiping at Mingi's chin playfully. The younger's cheeks burned, trying to walk away from Yunho.

Said man pulls him back by the loops of his black maxi skirt, giving him one last hug, "alright, I'm done. See you later, baby."

'Baby...'

Mingi was tomato red at this point, scurrying to his seat with both hands covering his face.

Well that was a new one.

Mingi's eyes practically water as Yunho walks him to his booth. There stood his friends and the new set up of the spared flowers from yesterdays debacle. Wooyoung approached him with the warmest hug, careful of his bandaged extremities.

"Technically these are all sold, one of the cheerleaders who actually felt horrible about yesterday decided to buy everything," Wooyoung explained.

Leave it to his friends to have his back and make him cry at the same time.

"I don't know how much of an apology that is, but at least she's starting somewhere," San reasoned.

A few more hugs and shared laughs later, they eventually split up to start the fall festivities once more.