Chapter 16

Eric climbed on top of Natalie and grabbed her breasts. She opened her knees and let him inside.

When the sweating and panting were over, they lay down on the bed, naked.

"What are you going to do?" She asked.

"I'm gonna find them and kill them."

"But how?"

"I have some ideas about that. But the real question is; how they found out so precisely about our plan?" He peered at her, looking for any sign of deception.

Leaning back a little, she scowled. "Are you accusing me of something?"

Nothing incriminating was in her eyes, and she looked offended with what he implied. Natalie was either innocent or an excellent liar.

"If I had planned to jack you, wouldn't I be gone by now?" She asked.

"Maybe you talked to somebody without realizing what you were doing." He shrugged.

"I'm not that stupid. Maybe you did. Who did you talk to?"

"Unlike you, I'm not a rookie. I don't run my mouth about a job... Anyway, the sex is great, but aren't you in love with Anton? Doing all of this for him?" He didn't want to talk about the heist anymore. Not until he had more evidence.

"Yes, I want to get him out of prison. But I also need sex, and he's not here to offer it."

"How open-minded of you!"

"You have no idea!"

She smiled and lay back. He wanted to mount her again, but the doorbell rang.

"Oh boy!" He looked out of the window, Put on a robe, and went downstairs.

Leticia and Jimmy were standing on the porch next to a large suitcase.

"Hi," Eric said.

"Hi, Dad," Jimmy said. Then something on the second floor attracted his attention, and he elbowed his mother.

She looked up. "Is that her?"

"Who?" Eric asked.

"The skank upstairs, Looking at us from the window. She thought I didn't see her, but I did. Right before she closed the curtains."

"That's not Megan. We broke up."

"Oh, so that's not the woman you left your family for. It's your new girlfriend. Way to play the field, Eric!" She put her fists on her hips, and her voice climbed to a higher pitch.

"I had an affair which I ended. But you still kicked me out and filed for divorce. And when you got full custody, didn't let me see my son for two years. Even now, I barely see him. I didn't leave you. You left me. Remember?"

"So I was supposed to let you sleep around and—"

"What do you want, Leticia?"

They had repeated this argument so many times that he could recite both sides' lines for the next ten minutes.

She inhaled deeply to regain her calm, then hugged Jimmy and kissed his cheeks several times.

"Be a good boy." She wiped her eyes.

The sudden outburst of emotions had surprised the boy.

"What's going on mom?" He asked.

"I brought you your son. Take him." She gently pushed him into Eric's arms, turned around, and walked away.

Eric was caught off guard. "What the hell? Wait!"

"I have a job offer," Leticia said as she went down the street. "I can't take care of him for a while. He's your son too, after all. I'll call you every day, Jimmy. I love you."