002

halloween came round pretty quick

halloween came round pretty quick. the hopper's were never really fans of halloween. it was sarah's favourite holiday, so they didn't believe they could fully experience it without her.

margo was currently flipping french toast whilst her dad fried some bacon. "hey dad,"

he hummed in response letting her continue. "i'm going—trick or treating with robin later if thats okay." she lies, placing a few pieces of toast on each of the three plates lined up on the counter.

hopper eyed her suspiciously. "i thought robin hated trick or treating."

"she does but i bribed her with—ice cream. yeah, ice cream cause she loves ice cream." margo was cut off by hoppers gasp.

she turned around to see el with a sheet over her head and two little holes cut out for eyes. margo let out a chuckle.

"ghost." eleven said.

"yeah, i see that." hopper replied, placing bacon on the plates.

"halloween."

"sure is." margo grinned patting el's head.

"but now, it's breakfast, okay? come on lets eat." hopper added.

"they wouldn't see me." el suggested. margo and hopper looked towards the girl before they grabbed the plates.

"who wouldn't see you?"

"the bad men." is all el said.

"what are you talking about?" he said putting his own and el's plate down, margo following suit placing her on plate down.

"trick or treat." el said.

"you wanna go trick or treating?" hopper asked.

"she wants to go get sheet faced." margo laughed at her own joke referring to tinas party.

hopper gave her a look. "what?"

"nothing." she grinned.

"you know the rules." hopper began as he stood up.

"yes but—"

"then you know the answer." he held both el's arms to guide her to sit down next to margo.

"no, but they wouldn't see me and mar is going."

"no. i don't care."

margo ignored the feud and tucked into her breakfast.

"we don't take risks. they're stupid, and..."

"we're not stupid!" el finished.

"exactly. now, you take that off, sit down and eat. you're food's getting cold and i gotta get mar to school soon." he sat back down pouring syrup on all three plates.

"all right, look... how about i get off early tonight, and i buy us a bunch of candy, and we can sit around and get fat, and we can watch a scary movie together? and margo can join us when she gets home, hows that for compromise?" he said as el sat slumped in her chair.