009

the three still sat inside the bus, jumped at a sudden growl

the three still sat inside the bus, jumped at a sudden growl. they quickly peaked through metal bars, "you see him?" dustin asked the older two.

"no." they said in unison.

"lucas, what's going on?" dustin called.

"hold on!" he shouted back. "i've got eyes! ten o'clock! ten o'clock!"

"there." steve points.

"whats he doing?" margo questioned.

"i dont know." steve replied. "he's not taking the bait. why's he not talking the bait?"

"maybe he's not hungry?" dustin suggested.

"maybe he's sick of cow." margo stated. steve suddenly stepped back, dustin and margo looked towards him confused.

"Steve? Steve, what are you doing?" margo asked quickly.

"steve?" the pair behind continued calling.

"just get ready." steve said throwing the lighter to margo.

"what? steve, no wait, let me come with you." margo said.

"we've only got one bat." steve told her.

"i told you to grab both!" she shook her head at steve. "just...be careful."

steve nodded and walked to the door of the bus. he opened stepping out and dustin reluctantly closed it behind him. margo and dustin watched him closely from where they previously stood.

"whats he doing?" max asked climbing down the ladder.

"expanding the menu." margo replied swallowing a lump in her throat.

"he's insane." max said.

"he's awesome." dustin said and margo smiled at the boy. she gasped as she looked towards steve again who now had two creatures walking towards him.

"steve!" margo yelled running to the door with dustin following behind.

"abort! abort!" dustin shouted. the creature ran straight towards steve, steve missed as he swung at it sending him flying onto the hood of a car.

"shit." margo whispered, she began looking around the bus for something. until she found a metal pole, she grabbed the heavy object and ran outside.

"steve!" she yelled as she watched him struggling to fend off one of the creatures. she ran over hitting the monster like she did at dustin's, sending it flying. "steve, steve are you okay?"

steve didn't reply he grabbed margo pushing her behind him. another monster was slowly creeping up to them, the two held up their weapons ignoring the kids protests. the girl attempted to hit it, but the creature only growled. steve grabbed margo's hand pulling her back to the bus with him. margo looked behind to see both figures chasing them, she gasped and ran faster.