I Don't Need Love - Chapter 4

(Aubrey's P.O.V)

After Louis popped the film in the TV, he grabbed the ice, Advil and the lemonade and came over to me. "Here take this it will make your body hurt less." He handed me the Advil and Lemonade. I took the pill without hesitation hoping the pain would stop. He then sat next to me and pulled me into his arms like I was a child. "If you lay like this I can hold the ice on your side for you." He said as he moved me so I was laying across the sofa with my head resting in his lap.

He placed the bag of ice slowly on my side trying not to hurt me but I still jumped a little because it stung. "I'm sorry love." He said looking concerned at my pain.

I turned my head and smiled at him, trying to reassure him. "It's okay Lou, i'm fine."

His sea green eyes stared right into my hazel ones as if he was searching for something. When he seemed like he found what he was looking for he gently grabbed my face with his large hands and pulled me up close to his face and whispered,  "Bree you are not fine, you don't have to hide your pain around me I won't judge you or hurt you, I want to help." He let go of my face and held out his pinkie to me. "I promise."

I looked at him looking for any sign that he was lying, but he looked completely sincere and serious, I could trust him I knew it but I don't know if I could let myself. I sighed and hooked pinkies with him. "It's not as easy as it sounds Louis, I just can't let my pain out. It is locked away deep inside of me and I threw away the key a long time ago." I wasn't talking about the pain that Chris and Dan had caused me, but the pain I had suffered throughout the last 10 years. I could tell that Louis knew that other things were eating me away from the look he gave me, it looked safe, caring, and worried.

"Bree I know it's not easy, but sometime you are going to have to let it all out in order to be truly happy, the burden of all of it is slowly eating you away. You don't have to let it out now or even tomorrow or the next day. You don't even have to let it out around me, but I want you to know that I am here for you even though you just met me I want you to trust me."

I couldn't reply to him, I didn't have any words that could describe my feelings now. So I just nodded my head and turned to the film that was now starting.

***

We watch the film in silence for a long time, Louis with one hand held the bag of ice on my side and with the other hand he was playing with my hair, I tried to pay attention to the the screen but I was too distracted by my racing thoughts. I felt the most safe and relaxed I had in a long time. But I decided to ruin our silence, I was curious about earlier.

"Louis?" I asked without looking at him.

"Yes Love?" I know he has been calling me love all night but I wasn't paying attention, so now that I was it felt funny have someone talk to me like that.

"Why did you save me from Chris and Dan earlier?" I asked now turning to look him in the eyes.

He looked at me funny for a moment and then raised his eyebrows. "Did you not want me too?" He asked sounding confused.

"No that's not it, I was just curious about why you decided to beat those guys up to protect someone like me." I said quickly avoiding his questioning glances.

"Someone like you? What's that supposed to mean?" His brows furrowed, he looked extremely confused.

"I don't know, I guess I mean that i'm not a very likable person and I am not attractive....." I didn't get to finish because he gasped and quickly cover my mouth with his large hand.

"Bree you are very likable and I think you are beautiful, those boys were probably hurting you to ruin your beauty because you are too good for them and since they can't have you they wanted to make it so nobody can." He said in all seriousness.