Chapter: 8

As (Y/N) and Adam made their way back to her parents' apartment, they stopped to check the mailbox. Among the usual bills and junk mail, there was one letter that stood out. It was from one of the colleges she had applied to. "Adam, it's here, one responded, they finally responded!" "Thats great, honey!"

(Y/N) and Adam squealed in excitement and kissed on the lips, their hearts pounding with anticipation. They quickly ran up the stairs, eager to share this special moment in the comfort of her home.

However, as they opened the door to the apartment, (Y/N) was greeted by an unexpected scene. Her parents were sitting in the living room, talking with a man in a white coat holding a clipboard. The air was thick with tension.

"What's going on?" (Y/N) asked, her voice trembling slightly.

Her mother, (M/N), turned to her with a forced smile. "Sweetie, this is Dr. Reynolds. He's here to help."

Dr. Reynolds stood up and approached (Y/N), extending a hand. "Hello, (Y/N). I'm here to ask you a few questions, just to understand your situation better."

(Y/N) glanced at Adam, who nodded encouragingly, though he remained invisible to everyone else. She sat down on the couch, feeling Adam's reassuring presence next to her.

Dr. Reynolds began his questioning, his tone calm and professional. "So, (Y/N), can you tell me a little about your daily routine?"

(Y/N) answered honestly, describing her job, her responsibilities, and how she was applying for colleges.

"Do you have any friends you spend time with?" the doctor continued. "I used to, but I don't see them much anymore. They weren't very good for me," (Y/N) admitted.

"And how about your family? How is your relationship with your parents?" (Y/N) hesitated, glancing at her parents. "It's... complicated. They don't really understand me."

Dr. Reynolds made some notes on his clipboard. "I see. And can you tell me more about this 'Adam'? Who is he to you?" (Y/N) smiled slightly. "Adam is my guardian angel. He's always been there for me, even when no one else was. We're very close."

The doctor raised an eyebrow. "And how did you meet Adam?" (Y/N) took a deep breath. "He appeared to me one day, and he's been by my side ever since. He's the one who encouraged me to apply for college and get a job."

Dr. Reynolds looked at her parents, who were watching anxiously. He then turned back to (Y/N). "Do you ever feel like you're being watched or followed by anyone else besides Adam?" (Y/N) shook her head. "No, it's just Adam. He's here to protect me."

"Have you ever seen or heard things that other people can't?" "Only Adam. But he's real. I know he is." Dr. Reynolds continued with a few more questions, each one probing deeper into (Y/N)'s mental state. "Do you ever feel like you're losing control of your thoughts or actions?"

"No," (Y/N) replied firmly. "I feel more in control now than I ever have." "Do you ever have thoughts of harming yourself or others?" "No, never."

Dr. Reynolds finished his notes and stood up, turning to her parents. "Based on what I've heard and observed, I believe (Y/N) is experiencing a form of delusional disorder. She genuinely believes in the existence of this 'Adam' figure, which suggests a deep-seated hallucination. I recommend that she be admitted to a psychiatric hospital for further evaluation and treatment."