𝟙𝟘 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐇𝐨𝐭 𝐂𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐡⌦ .。.:*♡

The whole class was laughing as I cursed myself for zoning out. Tom's gang was holding their bellies as they struggled to catch their breath from the intense laughter. 

"I'm warning you, girl! One more mistake in my class and you will not be allowed in my class for a week!", the fat bald man yelled in my face.

"I am very sorry, Sir. I promise it won't happen again," I apologized with puppy eyes.

"Let's see about that! Now, get out of my class for good!" 

"But, Sir! Please, give me one more chance."

"Get going to the Quidditch Pitch, you foolish girl! Your captain is waiting!" 

I was surprised and relieved at the same moment. I looked towards the door where I saw a tall boy waving his hand with an annoyed face. I quickly gathered my stuff and excused myself from the class.

☄. *. ⋆

David Hamblin was the craziest person you could ever meet at Hogwarts. His mind was filled with Quidditch 24/7 for the whole year. So, it's not surprising that he's having practice on the first day of the fifth year. All the Gryffindor players had changed into their scarlet quidditch robes and gathered around their dashing captain as he explained his plan.

"Good morning, everybody. You must be all excited for the upcoming Inter-House Quidditch Cup against Slytherin in the first week of November! Remember guys, we must win over Slytherin at least this time. We can do it if we all get together. All of you must attend practices four days per week since we have exactly two months for the match. Am I CLEAR?!" 

"YES CAPTAIN!" We all shouted to impress our determined captain.

"Good, now let's start practising," the tall boy told everyone. 

I was very happy that I had grown into a skilled seeker throughout the years. Just after an hour of practice, we could catch from where we were above the ground, our rival team coming up to the pitch dressed in green quidditch robes. We all looked confused while David was fuming in anger. He immediately flew down towards them almost knocking over the latter captain. They both glared at each other. 

Winky Crockett was the sexiest person you would ever meet at Hogwarts. All the girls drooled over him despite being in different Houses. Also, I happen to have this huge crush on my rival captain. The worst part is that he knew it too. He watched in horror as David flew directly to him. The whole green team jumped away in defence. I couldn't help mesmerizing by how Winky's perfect sharp jaw clenched as he smouldered at his forever rival. 

"You're so lame, dude. Watch it, Hamblin," Winky insulted David as the latter struggled to stand up from the ground. 

"Listen you, Crockett! The Cup is ours this year!" David said raising his voice as he ran his long fingers through his chestnut hair.

"Yeah, yeah! Dream all you want, Gryffindorks!" Winky teased as he looked up at us. My heart skipped a beat as his sky-blue eyes came in contact with my ocean-blue eyes. However, I rolled my eyes at him as I hated how he insulted our House. We all flew to the ground. 

"Now, why the hell have you come here? Don't you know it's our practice time?" David asked furiously.

"Easy, dorks. Professor Slughorn just gave us extra time to practise as a reward for Riddle's success in brewing Draught of Peace in exactly one hour!"

There was complete silence. Professor Slughorn had indeed stated that never before in his career was a student able to brew a mostly finished draught in only a single hour. Tom was unbelievably talented in both magic as well as dark arts. 

"And, here comes our brainy Slytherin himself!" Winky exclaimed as we all gasped. 

Tom Riddle was not a person you would ever see at a Quidditch Pitch. But, still, the tall and handsome boy walked gracefully towards us along with his gang and the rest of the Slytherin fifth years. His wavy jet-black hair waved with the wind as he stared into my eyes proudly.

"Congratulations, mate! You're not a pride just to our House but to our whole school!" Winky shook hands with Tom.

"Thank you, Crockett. I came here to announce that Professor Slughorn received permission from Headmaster Dippet to allow the Slytherin Quidditch Team to practise during Gryffindors' allotted time once a week," Tom stated proudly smirking making sure that his rival Captain gets mad.

"Excuse me, WHAT? That's so unfair! Just because you brewed a potion fast doesn't mean we should be punished!" David shouted unable to process the undeniable defeat in November.

"It is sort of a punishment for Y/n Potter's negligence on Potions," Tom said sarcastically as he raised his eyebrows at me. I was very angry and felt humiliated. More to the point, I'm such a shame to my whole House! I looked down at the freshly mown grass to avoid any eye contact. Oh god! Even my crush now knows how poor I'm at Potions!

"Get out of the pitch, Y/n," David said in a low voice.

I quickly lifted my head, "But-"

"NO buts, Y/n. Leave us. You're expelled from the Gryffindor Quidditch Team."

"Calm down, Hamblin. Professor Dippet promised to withdraw the reward if Potter manages to excel in Potions, which is so not going to happen," Tom stated eyeing me up and down with a smirk. I was devastated, so I suddenly dropped my broom and ran into the castle with teary eyes. 

𝗔/𝗡 :𝙷𝚘𝚠 𝚍𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝚒𝚝 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕 𝚝𝚘 𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚙𝚞𝚗𝚒𝚜𝚑𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚜 𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝚊𝚜 𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚊𝚛𝚛𝚊𝚜𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚌𝚛𝚞𝚜𝚑 :'( ?