𝟜 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐢𝐟𝐭 ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

"Yes, indeed it is. I hope you are convinced that I am not a person who came to take you to an asylum."

"Of course, Sir. So...are you suggesting that I may have some connection to magic?"

"Not suggesting, Tom. I actually came here to take you to the only magical school in the United Kingdom; 'Hogwarts' which educates witchcraft and wizardry to children with magic in their blood."

"WHAT?! Are you serious? But, how did you know that I'm related to magic, Sir?"

"By magic! You will get to know more after you come to Hogwarts. By the way, here is your acceptance letter." The smart wizard handed Tom a white envelope which had a black crest; probably the school crest, and was sealed with a red emblem. Tom took it with patience and grace as if it would get hurt.

"Thank you, Sir...Oh! I want to ask you something special."

"Tell me, boy. I am quite intrigued by you."

"Sir, is it a common gift amongst wizards to have the ability to talk to serpents?"

The wizard's eyes widened while I suddenly coughed out loud in surprise at what Tom just said. Both turned their heads towards me and stared. Gosh, I was caught eavesdropping!

"Ah, hello dear. You must be Y/n Potter!" Wow, did this wizard have the power to see through people or something??

"Um...yes, Sir. It's me."

"Come and sit down next to Tom, dear."

"But, Sir! What has she got to do with all of this? It is me who is magical here." Tom was jealous as if I would become a witch! He was so full of himself.

"It is not only you, Tom. There is another girl I have to pick up from this orphanage to Hogwarts. And that girl is Y/n."

I gasped. Oh my god! This was a dream come true! Well, the dream was only about a few minutes, but, still! It's unbelievable! I saw Tom's face was as red as a tomato. He glared at me viciously. I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Here is your acceptance letter, Y/n." The wizard held his hand to me with an envelope that was just like Tom's. I was dumbfounded and frozen. I couldn't believe that my wish of becoming a witch came true.

"Give it to someone else outside this orphanage who would be interested, Sir

"Give it to someone else outside this orphanage who would be interested, Sir. Y/n isn't worth it." Tom said and I quickly grabbed the neat envelope from the wizard's hand. How dare Tom say anything like that? I would never be foolish enough to lose such a great opportunity!

"Sorry, Sir. It's just, that I was shocked at what's happening right now."

"It's fine, dear. All the children from the muggle world react like you and Tom did."

"What's the 'muggle world', Sir?" Tom asked frowning.

"It is the world where people with no magic live. Muggle children are sometimes rewarded with magic from their ancestors who had magic generations ago. But neither of you are muggles."

"What do you mean by that, Sir?" I asked with curiosity.

"At least one of your parents is a pure-blood; who comes from a family which consists of almost no people with no magic. You, Y/n are pure-blood."

"WHAT?! How could she be so special? That's so unfair!" Tom exclaimed rudely even before I could reply. By the way, wow! I seem more interesting than I thought!

"It is nothing to judge, Tom. Any magical child regardless of their blood status is capable of learning and performing magic well if they study and practise well."

"So, what am I then if I'm not a muggle too? Probably in the middle." Tom scoffed.

"Yes, you're correct, boy."

"Sir, do you know my parents?" I asked with curiosity.

"You will find out yourself once you get to school, dear. Now start packing both of you. Hogwarts is waiting for you!"

"Are we going TODAY?!" We both asked at the same time.

"Not today, tomorrow. Go to the '9 and 3 quarters' platform at King's Cross Station in London and hop onto the Hogwarts Express. Oh, wait, I almost forgot. Happy birthday Y/n dear!" The wizard took a small box from a pocket in his coat and handed it to me. Oh, so nice, this awesome wizard even knew my birthday.

"Thank you so much, Sir!" I opened the box and inside was a pretty cupcake with light pink frosting. I smiled to myself. I felt tears form in my eyes. It was my first birthday present.

When I looked up, the wizard was gone. Tom was glaring at my present.

𝗔/𝗡 :  𝙷𝚎𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎! 𝙷𝚘𝚙𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚕𝚢 𝚎𝚗𝚓𝚘𝚢𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚜𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗. 𝙸𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚜𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗, 𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚍𝚘 𝚖𝚎 𝚊 𝚏𝚊𝚟𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚟𝚘𝚝𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚊 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝. 𝚈𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚜𝚞𝚙𝚙𝚘𝚛𝚝 𝚖𝚎𝚊𝚗𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚕𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚎. 𝙲𝚊𝚗'𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚒𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚎𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚘𝚘𝚗! 𝚂𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚕𝚘𝚝𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 <𝟹.