𝟚 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐩 ༊*·˚

We were shivering in our boat, except Tom

We were shivering in our boat, except Tom. The boys were rowing the boat in a great black lake. We had reached the edge of the lake. Waves were splashing roughly against the cliffs.

"So, Mr. Riddle, how do you suggest us going up there?" I asked in a challenging way.

"Don't worry, Miss Potter. You just have to do as I say." Tom replied smirking.

"Now, stand up all of you." He said, and we all stood up shivering.

"Bishop and Benson, you two hold each other's hands." He instructed and they did as told, still shivering. The poor kids looked as if they were about to cry at any moment. Suddenly, Dennis and Amy were floating, and in a swish, they disappeared.

"What did you to do them?! Tom, bring them back!"

"Don't panic. I just sent them up to the cave, silly." He said grinning. I sighed in relief. Then, he started walking towards me holding eye contact. What the hell was he going to do to me? Evaporate me into thin air?? My lips parted and my heart began to race. He continued walking toward me while I walked backwards step by step.

"Wha-t are you d-doing, T-tom?" I stammered.

Now, he was so close I could feel his minty breath on my face. My feet hit the boat's edge and I was going to fall into the lake! I screamed and extended my arms towards Tom for dear life. He caught my arms tightly and pulled me towards him fast. I bumped harshly into his chest causing him to be pushed backwards slightly. We were holding each other's arms and panting.

"I was going to take us both into the cave. Why did you go away from me?"

"N-nothing." My cheeks burned and I hope he didn't catch me blushing.

"What? You thought I was going to kiss you like those silly teenagers do?" He asked with disgust.

"Wha-a-t? NO." I stammered again.

Tom sighed and held my hand.

"Close your eyes, and think of the cave," he said.

So, I closed my eyes and immediately started to feel myself being crushed from all directions. It was as if someone was suffocating me. A few moments later, I felt myself standing on a rough surface. I slowly opened my eyes one by one. I was panting and sweating. Tom let go of my hand and rubbed his hands on his pants, and so did I. Dennis and Amy turned and looked at us. We all looked around the cave. The cavern was so high that I couldn't see the ceiling. It was pitch black inside and the only source of light was a misty greenish light that was shining from what looked like the middle of the lake, far into the cave.

"Follow me," Tom ordered us and the three of us exchanged nervous glances. Then, we all took a deep breath and followed him. He was leading us to the place where the green light was coming from. As we got closer, I could see that the water was completely still. All of a sudden, the still water started boiling. The water was raised to where we were and splashed in all directions. All of us except Tom screamed and backed away. Tom had a subtle smirk on his face.

"Did you do that, Tom?" I asked suspiciously.

Tom ignored the question and looked at the green light which was now shining brightly. The green light started expanding and continued until it covered all of the water. It was so bright contrasting to how dark it was before that we covered our eyes with our hands. The light shifted upwards and formed into something similar to the Northern Lights known as 'Aurora Borealis' in the Arctic.

I could hear Tom who was standing a few steps in front of me, murmuring something. I tried to capture what he said, it sounded something like, 'Mosmo'. Oh my god, what was this boy going to do? Just as the weird word left his lips, the aurora shifted to form an image. It was a colossal skull, composed of what looked like stars, with a serpent protruding from its mouth like a tongue. We were watching in awe, our mouths open wide in shock. It rose higher and higher, blazing in a haze of greenish smoke, etched against the wall of the cave. Both the skull and the serpent looked as if they were about to attack us at any moment.

 Both the skull and the serpent looked as if they were about to attack us at any moment

I turned to my right to look at Dennis and Amy for a second. I gasped when I saw them still as if frozen. They weren't even blinking! Oh, no! I should help, I promised myself to protect them! I took a deep breath and stared right into the serpent's eyes. I maintained strong eye contact with it as if it was real. To my surprise, the image started to fade away, little by little.

"No! What are you doing?! Stop it, Pottah!" Tom yelled at me.

I ignored him and continued staring at the almost dim light. Tom suddenly rushed to me and pulled me starting to drag me away to the edge of the cave. I tried my best to shrug him off, but his strong arms wrapped around me tightly. I kept fidgeting and then Tom lost it. He pushed me harshly onto the floor of the cave and I hit my head on a nearby rock.

I felt intense pain rushing through my head and moaned in response.

Then, everything went black.

𝗔/𝗡 : 𝙷𝚎𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎! 𝙷𝚘𝚠 𝚍𝚒𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝟸𝚗𝚍 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛? 𝙸 𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚎 𝚒𝚝 𝚋𝚕𝚎𝚠 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚍! 𝙸𝚏 𝚒𝚝 𝚍𝚒𝚍, 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚋𝚢 𝚟𝚘𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐! 𝚈𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚍𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚒𝚜 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚔𝚎𝚎𝚙𝚜 𝚖𝚎 𝚐𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐! 𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔𝚜 𝚊 𝚝𝚘𝚗 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚜𝚞𝚙𝚙𝚘𝚛𝚝, 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚐𝚞𝚢𝚜 𝚛𝚘𝚌𝚔! <𝟹