Chapter 26

TITUS REYES

I was so giddy, I felt like a child.

I wasn't the least bit ashamed to admit that I had never felt so excited in my life before. Perhaps I had went a little overboard with the overnight Amazon prime delivery, but I was so damn excited.

A large grin sat on my face as I knocked on the door and waited impatiently for it to open. The moment Salvadora did, I was met with a harsh glare and a deep scowl. Her arms were crossed over her chest, no doubt to show her frustration and that she meant business, but I immediately found myself having a hard time focusing on nothing but those ample boobs and pebbled nipples I once had in my mouth. Though I had to admit, she had really filled out since the last time we were together, and I wasn't complaining in the least.

Following my stare, Salvadora cleared her throat loudly and sent me a pointed look when I lifted my eyes to meet hers. I could do nothing but offer her a cheeky grin and hope she didn't turn me away.

Ever since our talk last night, it felt like I was on top of the world.

Sure, it was still very early doors and there was no doubt many kinks that we needed to smooth out, but I was positive. And determined. Fiercely determined.

I knew this was going to work. It had to because if it didn't, and I couldn't have Arturo in my life – my only child ever – I didn't know what I would do.

"I don't know what I'm supposed to be looking at right now." Salvadora blinked hard as she stared at me, her eyes flicking between the takeaway bag I held, as well as the others I had by my feet. "Please tell me what exactly is going on here. Tell me what I'm supposed to be looking at."

"I brought gifts. And presents." I pushed the takeaway breakfast into her hands. "Do you mind helping me? There's a lot more here than I thought there would be. Admittedly, I got a little excited and ordered too much."

"I still don't get it." She frowned, her eyes trained on all the bags and boxes by my feet. "What is all of that?"

"Gifts. For Arturo." I repeated. "Can I come in?"

Salvadora pursed her lips, and her face hardened with every passing moment. If I wasn't so filled with excitement, I probably would have realised that I was grossly overstepping the boundaries.

She eventually nodded, and I beamed in response.

"Mama!" Arturo called out, coming out from the living room. "What's for breakfast?"

"Pancakes." I answered before Salvadora could. My lips were stretched into a large grin even though there was this thick cloud of excitement that engulfed me. "I hope you like pancakes, Arturo?"

"Coach!" Arturo cheered at the sight of me. "What are you doing here?"

I could feel Salvadora's siren eyes boring holes into the side of my face. The silent warning was clear and even though I didn't like it, I minced the truth.

"I thought I would bring you and your mama breakfast. A sort of thank you for letting me sleep over here the other night." It didn't feel like a lie, but it also wasn't the truth I would have liked to spill today.

"Mama." He turned to his beautiful mother whose face melted of the hardened expression when his chocolate brown eyes that mirrored mine turned to her. "Can I have some pancakes?"

A beautiful smile graced her lips, and I had a hard time not saying anything.

"Sure, baby."

Salvadora headed into the kitchen to plate up breakfast for all of us, and I took the opportunity to show Arturo everything that I had brought him. From designer clothes and shoes, all the way to clothes that viral YouTube and TikTok videos stated that five-year olds were into nowadays. And just to on the safe side, I also picked up a matching blue iPhone and iPad on the way over this morning.