The Beat of the Melody | 16

"Appa, are you sure you don't want me to keep you company?" The words hung in the air, a delicate plea laced with concern

"Appa, are you sure you don't want me to keep you company?" The words hung in the air, a delicate plea laced with concern. The hospital room, sterile and cold, couldn't suppress the warmth of the emotions swirling within you.

The dim light played on your face, casting shadows that reflected the conflicted in your heart. Deep down, there was a sense of unfinished business, a longing to spend more time with your Appa.

Something's fishy and I know it is not Appa's dinner.

I just don't know what it is yet.

And honestly, being with him brought a nostalgic joy that made you feel like a child again.

I need to appreciate having my dad around more often.

"Princess, I'm going to fine. You don't have to be so worried about me," he reassured, his eyes holding a mixture of love and understanding. But your worry was a persistent melody playing in the background, refusing to be silenced.

"But Appa, I don't even know what happened to you last time. And I'm scared that if I leave you alone and something ba--"

"Baby, things happen, okay? Appa is fine now, yeah? And don't think that I don't know you have been skipping work just so you can be with your old man," he chuckled gently, a knowing smile tugging at the corners of his lips.

"What? Who said that? And besides work can wait, Appa."

"Hobi told me bubby"

That little, I swear he tells Appa everything.

"He told me that you have been running here and there, and I just want you to focus on you and your career and especially your life, alright?" His words held a fatherly concern, a desire for you to thrive on your own.

"But Appaaaaaaa," you whined.

"No buts, listen to your Appa, okay?"

"Ishhhhhh fine Appa, but you will always call me whenever you think there is the slightest thing wrong, okay?"

"You got it, princess!" The exchange ended with a salute, a familiar gesture from your childhood. A wave of laughter bubbled up as you saluted back, a reminder of the promises made in the past, where you were always in charge.

Hugging your dad goodbye, you made your way down the hospital hall. Despite the dull surroundings, an unusual calm enveloped you. The sunlight streaming trhough the windows painted the scene with a comforting glow. It was a perfect day, much like spring, and the beauty of it somehow matched the serenity you felt within.

As you walked, you noticed someone ahead struggling to breathe. Concern seized you, propelling you forward. The figure turned, revealing Yoongi, and your heart skipped a beat.

"Yoongi?" The first call was tentative, unsure. "Yoongi," a bit more urgent. "Yoongi Oppa!" Panic laced your voice as you quickened your pace, questions swirling in your mind.