♡Five♡

In the fourteen days between when the District Thirteen squad leaves for District Two and when they return, Luna and Clio train in the underground district. Clio's even picked up a weapon when Luna's back is turned, only to then smile sweetly at her and have her give in and allow her to be trained too.

──────────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────────────

Clio drags Luna into the training room at exactly nine o'clock, ignoring the redheaded woman's grumbles about her first night of interrupted sleep being exactly that - interrupted. Approaching the whiteboard on the wall, Clio quickly draws a grid of seven rows with two columns and tries to devise a plan for their upcoming weeks. Luna takes one look and laughs, before approaching the wall of weapons. The lowest shelfs house a vast selection of knives, tucked into little nooks to support the handles, and Luna reaches for a trident.

"Well fuck me, Luna." Clio says, turning to look at Luna in bewilderment. The redhead has pulled the trident from the stand in the corner of the room and lifted it above. Now she's twirling it above her head like a pro. As if she's been working with tridents her entire life. Her hands move nimbly around the weapon shift as she spins it around and around, not even stopping her movements to look at her friend.

"Listen... I know that you're missing Cato but we both know that we're not each other's types." She replies, still twirling the weapon.

"Well, obviously you're not my type because I'm straight but why am I not yours? Slightly offensive, I won't lie."

"I'm not into brunettes." Luna laughs with a wink. She then launches the trident out of her hands, using her right hand to project the weapon several metres ahead of her.

It embeds itself into a target with a thud and Clio jumps ever so slightly, doing a double take at the accuracy of the throw. "Fucking hell. They really did train you, huh?"

"I didn't just come up with that off of the top of my head, Clio." The redhead laughs. "Do you want to see what else they taught me? It's nothing amazing because I'm still not exactly talented with weapons but I can do a lot more than before I was captured."

Clio chuckles. "Okay, I've seen your skill with a trident, so let's see you use an axe, considering that's your other current enemy's weapon."

"They're not my enemies, Clio." Luna sighs softly. "I just strongly dislike them both at the moment. Once I've finally had the chance to speak to Finnick and Johanna properly, I'm sure we can all make up."

"Just don't turn soft again. I know the entire situation sucks but this is the best version of Luna that I've ever had the pleasure of knowing."

"Wow, I think that's possibly the nicest thing you've ever said to me." Luna jokes as she moves to pick up an axe.

"Yeah, well, don't get used to– fucking lord, Luna." Clio cuts herself off in shock as the redhead throws the axe. Her throw is powerful and it lands directly in the centre of the target. "I can't tell if I'm more impressed by the bullseye, or by the fact that you managed to throw that with sustained power over that kind of distance."

"We both know that you're mostly impressed that I even know the right stance and way to hold these weapons." The older victor lets out a laugh as she walks over to her friend. "Now please pick up a knife before I do just to piss you off.

"Touch them before me and I'll kill you." Clio glares at Luna, picking up a knife in each hand and smirking. She throws them both, one after the other, in quick succession at the target on the other side of the room and sighs at the noise they make as they mark the inner circle perfectly.