𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 5 : 𝓤𝓷𝓰𝓻𝓪𝓽𝓮𝓯𝓾𝓵

Engfa's POV

The answer I got from Murek left me unsatisfied as I wanted more information about her. In case she wasn't fluent in Thai, I tried to talk to her in English, used every word I knew, and started a conversation with her.

"English, you understand, no?" I admitted my broken language.

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't interested in her or anything like that, but the lecturer kept on reminding us to start our assignment despite the prolonged deadline, as he quoted the task as being 'challenging' for the student.

Murek probably took it the wrong way when I heard her say, "I am not stupid, you know. I understand Thai..."

From that moment, I saw that her nerdy appearance didn't coincide with her real behaviour. Initially, I thought she would be soft-spoken and shy. However, she was the opposite.

Knowing that the conversation wasn't going the way I wanted it to be, I cut down to the chase and directly discuss to work together for the assignment. When she heard about wanting us to meet up after the class was over, she prepared something beforehand.

Confidently, Murek gave me a note and walked away. Not knowing what the content was, I instantly checked what it was and found a to-do list to complete the assignment. Along with the list, she wrote down a Google Doc link for us, instructing me to do our work remotely.

Upon seeing this, I was riled up and chased after her for not being communicative. RIP to my ankle

"Hey...Wait!!" I yelled at her. I grabbed her left hand and noticed she was looking back at me. Then, Murek looked down towards my ankle, and it seemed like she showed some concern. Hence, the reason she's stopped walking.

She didn't respond to my words but instead, checked on me silently, with her eyes. Despite that, I was still furious about her selfish behaviour to do a group assignment individually. "This is not an individual work! It's group work, we should work together," My voice began to diminish as soon as my confidence lowered.

Hearing the person in front of me sigh, I waited until she responded, "It's best that way since you're going be busy anyway..."

Her answer made me use my brain a bit, "Wait...how do you know I'm going to be busy... do you know me?" I was bewildered at how well she knew me.

When Murek realised her words, she paused for a moment before she replied, "Everyone is busy...that's why I suggested for us to do our own thing and then we can discuss as much as we want during our break time within the campus area."

Unknowingly, I slowly accepted the fact that Murek's suggestion was acceptable, knowing how busy I was going to get to catch up with my practices for the concert. In the end, I agreed with her and she straight away went home without looking back.

Oh, I forgot to get her phone number! You know what...screw her! I will just use the comment section on Google Docs as I had enough of her excuses.

...

It's only been two days since I started going back to University, but I am so drained. Mentally and physically. In the end, I was the one who wanted to continue studying and maybe I just wanted to torture myself.

Now that I am finally at home, I was about to take a nap from all the tiredness I had this morning when I suddenly heard a ring bell coming from my left ear.

Ding Dong! Ding Dong!

At this point, I was dragging my leg to bring my body towards the door. As I opened the door, I was met with this hippy-style person wearing a cap and black mask, which complements her long, straight black hair. "Charlotte! What are you doing here?" I was surprised to see another Charlotte today. Not me talking to two Charlotte on the same day.

Later, she explained that she wanted to discuss the dance routine and how she pre-recorded every dance performance, so I could memorise the moves faster. In my head, I was thinking she must really want me to master the dance routines promptly.

Now, my head was all mixed up: fear that I couldn't meet the deadlines for all the assignments I was going to get, in addition to making my performance smooth and steady for the concert.

Without me knowing, my eyes were teary from the burden if I was going to make it or not. The pressure I had inside my head was just too much to handle...

...

Charlotte's POV

After I showed her the video performances, I cautiously glanced at her once in a while to see her reaction to the video. But, just when I thought she was going to be impressed by my effort, all I saw was tears coming from her eyes. Though I expected her to be grateful, but all I saw was sadness.

Looking back, I think hard as to why she's crying. Is it because I am not being cooperative in discussing our assignment and even now, giving her even more tasks with memorising the moves?

Soon, I realised that in everything I did for the dance, I had my team to organise for me, whereas Engfa had no one to help her but herself. Contemplating myself, I felt bad and tried to console her that everything going to be alright.

"I will keep the dance simple if you find it hard to adapt...you don't have to worry about it now and focus on recovering first. I believe that you can nail this! Okay?" I compromised with my previous plan for her to memorise all the moves.

Not showing any reaction, I was panicking and suggesting some shit I don't even do, "I will bring you mango every day if that's what makes you happy..."

Engfa immediately looked at me with a laugh, showing her dimples. "How did you know I like mango?" She asked as it now piqued her interest that I know this knowledge about her.

"Because I need to know well about my client...so I checked on social media and saw a lot of your fans brought up mango whenever there is an event." I justified myself.

Wiping her tears, she is no longer tearing up. Instead, she brought up her fingers to signal me to make a promise to her that I bring mango to her place. I guess mango works...

Author's Notes:

For clarification, to not create confusion, Charlotte (Murek) and Charlotte (dancer) are actually the same person. It's just that, Engfa hasn't realised it...yet.

Song suggestion: Stressed Out by Twenty One Pilots