Is he worth it.

Boss : goodnight, now sleep.

                **2 hours later"

Noeul : No, No, No don't leave me please.

Boss..

I wake up to the sound of noeul mumbling loudly in his sleep and tossing and turning beside me.

His breathing is heavy and erratic, his eyelids flicker and his entire body is twitching uncontrollably. He must be having a nightmare.

Noeul : B-boss, No! Please don't leave me, Don't leave me please. NO!!!

Boss..

He started mumbling and sobbing in his sleep, I draw him closer to me, wrapping my arms around his little trembling body.

Boss : Noeul,  wake up!....Shh, it's okay. I'm here, I will never leave you.

Tears started streaming down his face and he huddles into my chest. I start smoothing down his hair with my hand and rest my chin on the top of his head as I talk to him in a lulled, soft tone.

Boss : I won't ever leave you I promise.  I won't let that happen.

His heart is beating so fast and he's gasping for air.

Boss : Just breath, noeul. You need to calm down. You're safe with me.

Noeul  : I'm safe with you?

Boss : Yes, you're safe with me. I promise.

I pull away from him slightly to give him some space so he can steady his breathing. Noeul took a deep breath.

Boss : That's good.

Noeul..

He places his hand under my chin and gently lifts my head so our eyes meet.
I stare hopelessly into his eyes, hoping that if I look at him long enough he can make the nightmare go away.

He carefully wipes the tears off my face, the feeling of his smooth fingers against my wet skin instantly calms me down. He continues to stroke my cheek with his thumb at a slow, steady pace and I can feel myself drifting into unconsciousness.

Boss : Go back to sleep. I'll fight the nightmare off if they come back again.

Noeul slowly closes his eyes  and starts to drift  back off to sleep. I feel my body relax and I calm down knowing he's okay and can go back to sleep. I lay next to him and naturally put my arm around him.

Half asleep, noeul inches closer to me and nestles his cheek against my chest, letting out a sleeping little whine. And before I knew it, I myself was falling asleep.

**The Next Morning**

Boss..

I awake the next morning to find noeul's body tangled in my embrace. He has his face nestled into my chest and his cheek pressed against my collarbone. He's adorably sucking on his thumb and I can't help but smile to myself. He looks so peaceful and content, I'm afraid to breath too heavily in case I disturb him.

I gently brushes his hair out of his eyes and find myself analyzing all of his features. Like his cute button nose, his long black eyelashes and his soft full lips which are wrapped around his thumb.