Danced with someone

At the apartment

Boss..

Noeul told me that River would be coming with us and I'm not too sure how I feel about that. He seems like a really nice guy and what happened at the cafe was an honest mistake so I don't know why I feel so uneasy. I need to put my petty insecurities aside for one night and focus on trying to make Noeul happy.

Boss : Baby, are you ready yet? Mel and River will be here soon.

Noeul : I'm almost ready.

* i'm nowhere near ready."

Boss : Okay baby.

*Door knocking *

Boss : I think Mel and River are here, I'll go and let them in.

Noeul..

Who knew finding something to wear to go out in would be so difficult. I must've tired on about 4 outfits by now and I can't find any which I like. I wanted to feel comfortable in what I'm wearing but I don't want people to look at me like I'm a freak because I'm dressed too femininely. Why is it so hard to be myself?

Mel : Hey, Boss. Are you going to invite us in or not?

Boss : Ofcourse, come on in.

Mel and River enter the apartment and instantly there is an awkward, unspoken tension between River and I..... I know what he felt for Noeul or what Noeul felt for him is just friendship, but I can't help but wonder what could've been if Noeul was never kidnapped.

Would they be together, would he be happier with him, would he even look twice at me? River is handsome, I'll give him that. An average career, a respectable family. And Normal Dad who doesn't want to murder him and his boyfriend.

Mel : Okay, what the hell is going on? I can practically smell the testosterone.

Boss : I beg your pardon ?

Mel : You and River! Sort out whatever the hell is going on between you two now because I'm not having you ruining Noeul's night out! I'm going to find Noeul and when I come back I want you two to be besties.

********************

Melanie : Noeul, where are you?

Noeul : I'm in the bathroom.

Melanie : Can I come in?

Noeul : sure come in.

Noeul : So do I look okay?

Mel : Oh sweetie, no.

Noeul : That bad, huh?

Mel : I love you Noeul, but I think we need to work on your outfits.

Noeul : I don't know what works and what doesn't.

Mel : Well these definitely doesn't work.

Noeul : Yeah, yeah we've already established that, Mel.

Mel : Well lucky for you, I'm a fashion expert.

Noeul : Omg!

Mel : I'm going to make you look so hot, Boss will literally melt when he sees you. Erm Maybe even River too.

Noeul : Alright, let's put your fashion expertise to the test.

Mel : It's would be an honor.

**************

River : I'm really sorry for what happened at the cafe. It was inappropriate and I would have never spoken to Noeul like that if I knew the two of you were in a relationship. I think you and I got off on the wrong foot and I hope that we can start over. Noeul seems like a really nice guy I'd hate for our friendship to be over before it's even started. All I want to do is be his friend. And yours too if you'd like.