Seeing the Twins

Inside one of the boats, African natives work on building items. "Don't tell me your men swindled you, I sent you six short range heat seekers and got a boat full of rusted parts," A man in a room says. "Now, you will make it right, or the next missile I send you will come very much faster." The man changes the line. "Now, minister, where were we?" The lights turn out across the factory and the workers become agitated. The man reaches for a gun slowly. He gets one bullet out before Pietro zips in, unloads the gun and holds his hands behind his back. The bullet wobble a bit before standing straight. "Yeah, the enhanced. Strucker's prized pupils. Want a candy? Oh, sorry to hear about Strucker. But then, he knew what kind of world he was helping create. Human life. Not a growth market. You, you didn't' know? Is this your first time? Intimidating someone? I'm afraid that I'm not that afraid." The twins still stare at him.

"Everybody's afraid of something," Wanda says.

"Cuttlefish. Deep sea fish. They make lights. Disco lights. Whoom! Whoom! Whoom! To hypnotize their prey, then they Whoom! I saw documentary, it was terrifying." Pietro runs forward and grabs a piece of candy. The man stares at him, impressed. "So if you're going to fiddle with my brain, and make me see a giant cuttlefish, then I know you don't do business, and I know you're not in charge, and I only deal with he man in charge." Ultron flies up behind them. He breaks the glass, shoving the man to the ground.

"There is no man in charge," Ultron says. "Let's talk business." The man opens up a door, showing shelves of tied down toxic waste. He hits a switch and rows of Vibranium are shown. "Upon this rock I will build my church." He hands the vibranium to Ultron. "Vibranium." He tosses it to Pietro.

"You know, it came at great personal cost. It's worth billions." He puts a hand over his brand.

Ultron laughs and does some calculations, putting money into the man's bank account. "Now, so are you. It's all under your, dummy holdings? Finances, so weird." An assistant pulls out a pager and shows his boss the number. "But I always say, 'keep your friends rich and your enemies rich and wait to find out which is which.'"

They both look away from the pager, staring at Ultron. "Stark."

"What?"

"Tony Stark used to say that. To me. You're one of his?"

"What? I'm not, I," He grabs the man's arm and Wanda keeps the assistant at bay. "I'm not. You think I'm one of Stark's puppets, his hollow men? I mean look at me, do I look like Iron Man? Stark is nothing!" he hits the man's arm, cutting it off. "I'm sorry, I'm s- oh. I'm sure that's gonna be okay, I'm sorry, it's just, I don't understand. Don't compare me with Stark!" he shoves the man down the stairs. "It's a thing with me. Stark is, he's a sickness!"

"Ah, junior," Tony lands behind them, Thor and Captain America at his sides. "You're gonna break your old man's heart."

"If I have to."

Clint and Natasha move in at the sides and I stay hidden in the shadows of the ceiling.

"We don't have to break anything," Thor reasons.

"Clearly you've never made an omelet."

"He beat me by one second," Tony says.

"Ah, this is funny, Mr. Stark. It's what, comfortable?" Pietro asks. He glares at the bombs below him. "Like old times?"

"This was never my life," Tony says.

Captain America steps up. "You two can still walk away from this."

"Oh we will," Wanda says, sarcastic.

"I know you've suffered."

"Blah! Heh, heh, Captain America. God's righteous man, pretending you could live without a war. I can't physically throw up in my mouth, but."

"If you believe in peace, then let us keep it," Thor says.

"I think you're confusing peace with quiet."

"Yuh-huh. What's the vibranium for?"

"I'm glad you asked that, because I wanted to take this time to explain my evil plan!" He shoots a blast at Tony and they ram into each other, fighting above everyone. Thor sends a robot over the balcony, sending it to pieces while Captain America takes on one of his own. Wanda uses her powers to distract Steve and knock him down.

"Shoot them!" the man says.

"Which ones?"

"All of them!"

"Move, move, move!"

The men move in on Natasha and she takes them down one at a time. Clint stands on a balcony, trying to shoot Ultron and his helpers. Everyone's fighting as Pietro zips through underneath and punches Steve. I jump down, landing on some of the robots and sending my feet through them. I tear their bodies apart with my powers before standing up. Mjolnir flies towards Thor and Pietro tries to grab it but it throws him into the floor. Ultron gets away from Stark, flying through the roof and away from the fight. Steve's shield flies around and he catches it in time to hit Pietro, flinging him into the wall of crates behind him. "Stay down, kid," Steve warns.

Ultron uses his robots to talk to Wanda. "It's time for some mind games." Wanda disappears.

"Guys?" Bruce asks from the jet. "Is this a code green?"

"Yes," someone says through garbled feedback. Bruce turns to the door and hesitantly exits.

Thor walks through a hallway and Wanda appears next to him. She uses her powers and he sees her. "Thor! Status?"

"The girl tried to warp my mind. Take special care, I doubt a human could keep her at bay. Fortunately, I am mighty." When he stops, I look into his mind as he walks into an Asgardian party where a young Heimdall is. Dancers surround the room.

Steve keeps fighting, and Pietro flings him into a wall. Wanda comes up and plays with his mind. He cringes, trying to fight it. Wanda moves to Natasha next.

"This is going very well," Ultron says.

Clint continues to shoot arrows at Ultron. Wanda comes up behind Clint but he realizes. I see it too. As Wanda uses her powers, I jump forward, landing behind Clint and Wanda's powers infiltrate my min. I see him grab an arrow and put it on her forehead. It sticks and shocks her. "I've done the whole mind control thing. Not a fan." He is about to remove the arrow when Pietro slams into him, pushing him over the bar. My vision turns black before I see anything else. "Yeah, you better run," Clint mumbles. "Whoever's standing, we gotta move." Natasha stumbles over her feet around the ship. "Guys?"

I sit in a room, fire surrounding me. My mother is in front of me, dead. I take a few deep breaths but stop when I see a young Wanda and Pietro standing there. They laugh and call me names. Pietro grabs a knife and makes the tip red hot. He walks up to me and I try to back away but I can't move. Slowly, he cuts down my arms and I scream, terrified. What hurts the most is what Wanda says. "Why did you leave us?"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~❸~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"No!" Pietro cries. He tears the arrow off and picks Wanda up. They rush outside.

"Yeah, you better run," Clint mumbles. "Whoever's standing, we gotta move." Natasha stumbles over her feet around the ship. "Guys?"

"What can I do?" Pietro asks Wanda as they sit outside.

"Ah, it hurts."

"I'm gonna kill him. I'll be right back."

"No. I'm over it. I want, I want to finish the plan. I want the big one." Bruce looks over the muck.

e