Chapter 3: Puffkskein Duncan Meets a Dramatic End

Chapter 3: Puffskein Duncan Meets a Dramatic End

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧

"Ominis, you can't do that!" Aurora yelled through her teeth exasperated. "And you Sebastian - you can't encourage this!"

"Why not Rory?" Sebastian teased, "if I recall, weren't you the one who gave him the name Puffskein Duncan?"

Aurora folded her arms and huffed, "that's beside the point, and I didn't expect it to catch on so fast. I should have known better knowing my two best friends are gossip junkies."

"I keep my mouth shut - it's Sebastian you need to worry about," Ominis countered, biting into his piece of toast.

"I have you know I am a master secret keeper Gaunt," Sebastian started, an eyebrow raised. "Shall I jog your memory with all of the secrets I'm keeping?"

Aurora watched as Ominis flushed, chucking the crust of his toast at his friend, which he nearly dodged. Was Ominis keeping secrets from her? What did Sebastian know that she didn't?

She knitted her eyebrows together in confusion. The trio would always tell each other everything and she couldn't help but feel a bit left out with this new information.

Aurora shook her head, convincing herself that if it was important they would tell her. "Anyways, you guys have put me off track here. The point is you can't lock Duncan in the Undercroft with a hoard of Puffskeins! Not only is that entirely unethical, but more importantly it puts the Undercroft at risk of discoverment."

"That's why they have the spell obliviate, love."

Aurora flushed once more, still not used to the new, but not unwelcome, nickname that Ominis had begun using daily. Her momentary blushing was quickly covered as she grit her teeth at the boys, "you can't obliviate Duncan Hobhouse."

"Why not? He won't know. No harm, no foul," Sebastian butt in. "Beside, think of it as character development. We're helping him in the long run - we're getting him to face his fear!"

Aurora banged her head against the wooden table in the Great Hall. "That is so beyond the point Sebastian."

"How about this? We don't use the Undercroft and we don't obliviate him," Ominis started, immediately silencing Sebastian as he opened his mouth to argue. "But, it is neither of our doings if Hobhouse miraculously ends up being locked in the Prefects bathroom with a bunch of Puffskeins."

"And who will be opening the bathroom for you all to totally not torture Duncan?" Aurora asked, cocking an eyebrow.

"Well you of course!"

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧

The sun hung lazily in the sky, casting a warm glow over the Hogwarts grounds as Sebastian, Ominis, and Aurora found a cozy spot by the lake. The weather was perfect – a rare combination of clear skies and gentle breezes that beckoned students to embrace the outdoors.

Except for Duncan Hobhouse who was probably banging to be let out of the prefects bathroom. Supposedly someone had locked him in there with a Puffskein.