Chapter 11: Break My Heart

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧

Aurora was back lying on the ground, body tense with fear. She knew this place. Knew that if she opened her eyes she would see three familiar men standing in front of her.

She knew that if she turned slightly to the left she'd see her father standing stern faced, disappointed at her lack of strength.

Still, she opened her eyes, a simple action feeling like such a tremendous effort.

"Hello Rory."

She froze. She knew that voice.

Aurora felt her eyes widen, as she looked around her. There was only one man in front of her.

Sebastian.

"Seb?" She asked, choking on a sob. "Why?"

Her friend shrugged nonchalantly, "your father gave me a chance and I took it. The things you learn from such a strong wizard- the dark arts need to be mastered not feared! He's showing me how to heal Anne."

Aurora shook her head, coming to a standing position. A single step forward on her end and Sebastian had his wand raised.

"Sebastian, he's just using you," she pleaded. "My father used me my whole life, he doesn't care about you or Anne."

"See that's where you're wrong," he replied. "You and Ominis, you don't get it. There's so much to learn, but I have to do this Rory. For Anne's sake."

Aurora shook her head once more in denial at what was happening in front of her. She felt her body rack with sobs as she wrapped her arms around herself.

She recognized that voice in front of her.

She recognized the man standing a few feet away.

But she didn't know him.

Not anymore.

"I'm sorry Rory, I have to do this. Crucio!"

Rory felt herself bolt up in fear, sweat beading the top of her forehead, heart racing erratically. Her skin tingled as if the curse had truly hit her. Her teeth chattered in shock as she clutched her chest in a feeble attempt to breath.

Suddenly, a gentle touch broke through the veil of her nightmare, a warmth against her cheek pulling her back to reality. Slowly, she relaxed, taking in Ominis' kneeling form beside her, his gaze soft and filled with concern.

"Aurora," he whispered. "You were having a nightmare. You're okay, everything's okay."

She swallowed, holding his hand to her cheek. She took in his exhausted form, chuckling lightly at his scewed blonde hair that tumbled over his forehead in soft waves- a contrast to the usual slick back.

She liked it. Immensely.

"I'm sorry," she started. "Did I wake you?"

"No, no, I haven't really been sleeping- can't really. Just relaxing here."

Aurora knitted her eyebrows together, guilt sitting low in her stomach. Of course he couldn't sleep, she was taking up the whole couch and he was sat on the cold stone floor. 

"Ominis," she teased lightly. "Just come up here, there's enough room for the two of us."

She watched as he flushed a deep red, surprised she had such an effect on him.