Chapter 9: Three Heads are Better Than One

Took some liberty with the dialogue and deviated a bit from the game but the idea is still the same

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧

"It's okay Sebastian," she started, her voice coming out far weaker than she had hoped. "You can cast it on me."

The same emotion as earlier flashed in Sebastian's eyes and nausea rose up her throat as Aurora finally placed the feeling.

Excitement

"Are you sure? I can teach you the curse myself- I mean I'm not even sure I know how to cast it but-"

"Please Seb," she said shaking her head, voice low enough that only Sebastian could hear her. "Just do it...Ominis isn't the only one who has experience feeling the repercussions of this curse. I've handled it before, I can handle it now."

Shock took over Sebastian's eyes for a split second, breaking through the previous emotion, and for a moment the two saw each other as something new.

Sebastian saw the girl in front of him as a stranger, the new information seeming to float in the air as he tried to grapple with the secret she had held onto for years.

And Aurora saw a glimpse of her old friend that she was beginning to lose.

"Rory, I-" he started, voice cracking as he struggled for words.

Aurora only shook her head.

Another time. She seemed to say with a single glance.

Another time she would tell him everything. She'd tell Ominis she loved him, and she'd tell Sebastian her secrets in hopes of wining her best friend back from the darkness. Another time, she'd stop living like a stranger in her own body. But that time was not now.

Sebastian raised his wand, brown eyes locking with blue, and as Rory's muffled screams filled the chamber the two boys came to learn that they did not know their friend at all.

One hour earlier

"Dark ominis corridors, my favorite," Sebastian chuckled as the three of them entered the cobblestone lined scriptorium.

Aurora could practically hear Ominis role his eyes at Sebastian as she held in a laugh.

"No comment."

"Come on that was a good one," he countered. "Rory? Support me here!"

She flashed him a sly smile, "no comment."

"Bastard."

Rory only laughed as they walked further into the corridor, wands held out pulsing a faint light, illuminating the room.

"Over here guys, I see a journal entry," Aurora said, picking up the tattered piece of parchment resting in the corner. "Ominis, it's signed by Noctua Gaunt! That's your aunt right?"

"Yes, father said she died looking for something at the school."

Rory felt as Ominis came up behind her, his chest barely pressing against her back. His wand pulsed a familiar red as he held it out over the note.

"I can't quite make it out with how dark it is in here. Rory, love, could you read it to me?"

At the ever familiar nickname Aurora blushed, thankful that Sebastian was too preoccupied to make fun of either of them. She read out the note to Ominis, noting as his breath hitched at the mention of his father.