Chapter 12: Ominis Gaunt is a Major Flirt

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧

Aurora knew where she was and who was wrapped around her the second she woke up.

Even if she were blind she'd be able to recognize the feeling of those sturdy arms wrapped around her from behind, the familiar G embedded ring on their ring finger.

She'd know it was Ominis by the way he breathed and by the way his blonde hair tickled the sides of  her face, his lips barely grazing that ticklish spot behind her ear.

Aurora exhaled in content, heat pooling in her stomach as Ominis unconsciously pulled her closer, his leg wrapping between her own and anchoring her onto the couch. Truly with a mind of their own, his right hand sat low on her stomach, traveling up the expanses of exposed skin. Her dress shirt must have on tucked itself from her skit in the middle of the night and now an unconscious Ominis was making himself right at home.

Her breathing turned shallow as her eyelids fluttered shut zeroing in on the way his hand traveled up her stomach, resting right underneath her breasts and staying there. His thumb absentmindedly brushed back and forth, grazing the underside and Aurora had to remind herself to breathe and force herself to try and go back to sleep.

Aurora grumbled to herself, sinking back into the warm body behind her trying to go back to sleep. She didn't care if they had class within a few hours, she just wanted to soak up the time they had now and the delicious feeling of his hands on her bare skin.

Rory awoke sometime later to the feeling of a hand at her back, the other brushing a stray lock of hair behind her ear. Somehow she had turned over in her sleep again, her head now facing Ominis' chest.

"Love, it's time to wake up," Ominis said, his voice heavy and raspy with sleep.

"No," she grumbled, keeping her eyes closed as she rested her forehead on his chest.

She felt his body shake as he laughed, his hand settling on the nape of her neck and rubbing small, relaxing circles.

"Trust me, getting up is the last thing I want to do right now - but something tells me Professor Sharp will be less than happy if we both showed up late to his class this morning. Not to mention his star prefect."

"Star prefect my ass - I think I broke more rules yesterday than Garret Weasley has in all his years here," Aurora said, pushing up slightly to sit up.

Ominis took her movement as a cue to sit up with her, his arms still locked tightly around her body as if he too didn't want their closeness to end. He rested sitting up, his back against the arm of the couch, Aurora being dragged into his chest, legs straddling his own.

Maybe it was the lack of sleep between the two or the delirium that yesterday had caused, but the morning emboldened them - they didn't want to separate and break their peaceful bubble. They didn't want to face the repercussions of yesterday or the fact that they would have to go back to normal friends after whatever this past night was.

Ominis' hand glided up and down her sides, messing up the already half untucked shirt she wore yesterday, before resting on her thighs, his fingers lightly digging into the softness with barely repressed restraint.

Aurora smiled as Ominis seemed to choke on a cough as she brushed some of his unkempt, wavy hair off of his forehead.

"I like your hair like this," she started, breaking the heavy silence between the two. "I love when it's slicked back, but when it's wavy and natural like this you look carefree," she paused, a slight smile on her face. "Kinda roguish."