030: All in Due Time

Chapter ThirtyAll in Due TimeSeason 1, Episode 6"All in due time, my friend

Chapter Thirty
All in Due Time
Season 1, Episode 6
"All in due time, my friend. All in due time."
====================================

Jade follows her brothers and dad into the downstairs area of the barn.
"So why are we down here?" Jordan asks.
"Training. This is the stuff your grandfather used to teach me how to control my strength. Now it's my turn to give you two a few pointers." Clark tells them.
"Why so they can protect themselves from Tag or something?" Jonathan asks.
"Well there's that. And given your raw power, we want to make sure you can control it." Clark says.
"Yeah, I mean, a random super freak-out would really suck." Jade says.
"Yeah." Clark says.
"I can't stay for long." Jade says.
"Why not?" Jonathan asks.
"Your girlfriends have invited me to go shopping." Jade answers.
"You? Shopping?" Jonathan asks.
"Shut up." Jade says, laughing.
"Anyway, let's start with this..." Clark says before revealing a log.

~~~~~

After Jordan had tried to punch the log, but hurt his hand. Clark had given him and Jade a couple pointers. Jade has a go and succeeds before she has to leave to meet Amelia and Sarah.
"Any news from your parents?" Sarah asks Amelia, as the three girls walk down the street.
"They're coming back today." Amelia answers.
"That's good." Jade says.
"Yeah. I'm looking forward to seeing them again. I miss them." Amelia says. "Hey, Jade, how's things with Grayson?"
"They're perfect. He's my first official boyfriend and it's... It's been amazing." Jade says, a smile coming to her lips.
"He really seems to like you, Gia. He doesn't stop talking about you." Amelia tells her.
"Really?" Jade asks.
"Really. He's so in love with you." Sarah says.
"What about the two of you and my brothers. They're both head over heels for you and it's clear you both somewhat like them." Jade says, causing the two girls to let out a laugh.
"All in due time, my friend. All in due time." Sarah says.

~~~~~

Amelia arrives home to see bags by the door.
"Mom? Dad? Addi?" Amelia calls into the house, as she closes her door.
"Lia!" Addison says, running towards her sister and jumping into her arms.
"Hey, you." Amelia says, hugging her sister tightly. "How was grandma and grandads?"
"It was great." Addison says.
"Hey, bubba." Danny Davis says, walking over to his two daughters and pulling his oldest one into a hug.
"Hey, dad." Amelia says.
"So sorry you couldn't come with us, sweetheart. But you know how your mom is when she thinks she knows what's best for you." Danny says, causing Amelia to laugh.
"It's fine. Gave me some time to catch up on my school work anyway." Amelia says, as they walk into the kitchen, where Nora Davis was. "Hi, mom."
"Hey, sweetie." Nora says, going over and hugging her daughter, kissing the side of her head. "How's things with Jonathan?"
"We're just friends." Amelia says.
"Sure, sweetie. Give it a month and you guys will be together." Nora says, going back to the stove where she was making dinner.
"If you think so." Amelia says, sitting down at the table with her sister. "What's for dinner?"
"Chicken soup." Nora says.
"Ohh, my favourite." Amelia says.
"By the way, the babysitter will be here tomorrow night as me and your mother are going out." Danny says.
"Ohh, date night?" Amelia asks.
"Yes. Yes it is." Nora says, with a smile.
"Well, there's a game tomorrow in Metropolis. Jonathan, Jordan and Grayson are all playing, is it okay if I go?" Amelia says.
"As long as you stay with the Lowe's." Danny says.
"Thanks." Amelia replies.
The Davis family then spend the rest of the evening having dinner and watching films.

~~~~~

The next evening, Amelia was about to head out for the game, when Nora came down all dressed up for the date.
"Well, looks like our date is cancelled." Nora says.
"What do you mean?" Danny asks, straightening up his suit.
"Babysitters just cancelled. Family emergency." Nora says.
"Oh, okay." Danny says.
"You guys go on your date. I'll look after Addi." Amelia tells her parents.
"What about the game?" Nora asks.
"There will be other games." Amelia replies.
"Are you sure?" Nora asks.
"Yeah." Amelia says, smiling,  before touching the scarf around her mothers neck. "Go have fun."

~~~~~

Amelia, Addison and Sophie were sat in the living room looking for a film to watch, Addison had her head on her sisters lap.
"Want to watch a classic? There's Wizard of Oz?" Amelia suggests.
"But we like animation." Addison says. "We can get a new one on streaming."
"No. I'm not going to buy... look, Ad's I'm fine with the whole Sister Bonding Saturdays with Sophie as well, kind of embrace it. But dude, seriously we're gonna have to find something we all want to watch.
"Please." Addison and Sophie say together, before the door bell goes off.
"That should be the pizza. Get up" Amelia tells Addison, as Addison sits up. "Okay, go get your stuffies and your blanket, and then you can pick whatever movie you want. I'll be back when I am done emotionally preparing."
"Okay." Addison says.
Addison and Sophie then head for Addison's room as Amelia opens the door stumbling back slightly as she sees who it was.
"Tag?"