Part 4

Dan looked at me in surprise for a moment, then held out his hand for me to get up. "What on earth have you got yourself into?" Dan pointed at my arm then chuckled. "What a surprise though, it's good too see you." Dan smiled at me as he spoke this, I swear his smile seemed to make me forget about the hell and craziness I've been going through.

"Same too you" I spoke. After I said this I looked down from his hypnotizing face and bit my lip as I looked to the ground. I moved my hand over my wounded arm, trying to wipe away the blood.

"Hey, come with me. I have something for that" Dan pointed to my arm and started to walk down the sidewalk, beaconing me to follow.

We made our way to Dans truck, Dan then drove me to a nearby dock by the bayou. Dan led me down on the dock, I stopped and closed my eyes for a moment. I smiled as I took in the earth around me, I could hear insects in the water, birds chirping in the trees and the damp smell.

I opened my eyes to find Dan standing just inches away from my body starring at me, he was smiling and I felt myself blush. "So, Dan. Why did you bring me down here?"

Dan was still looking at me smiling, then he stepped into the boat beside him. It was more of a watercraft, these types of water vehicles are more common here. Instead of a propellor being under the water, there seemed to be what looked like a big fan at the back of the boat.

"Is that a first aid kit?" I motioned towards the box Dan grabbed from the boat, a confused look on my face.

"No, this here is a kit of my fishing supplies" Dan laughed as he said this and i looked at him in a friendly but angry way.

Dan laughed again "I'm only kidding, this is my first aid kit. Come on down"

I smiled and walked towards the boat, Dan held out his hand for me and helped me on.
I felt Dans strong hands on my arms as he wrapped a bandage around my wound, I bit my lip and looked up at him.

"Ah!!!" I screamed as the boat suddenly began to shift from side to side. I look around frantically and faced Dan. He leaned against the edge of the boat and laughed. He looked at me and pointed to something in the water

"Look, it's a baby gator!" Dan yelled this, full of excitement. I manoeuvred myself to the side and saw the alligator. I sighed of laughter and smiled.

"I've never seen one before, in real life I mean" Dan gave me a confused look after I said this then smiled.
"Well, now you have. Beautiful aint it?" I turned my focus from the alligator to Dans face, I had never seem him so happy, so full of life before.

"Sure is" I said this looking at Dan, smiling.
After the Alligator was out of sight, Dan started the boat and we set off down the river. About ten minutes had passed. The bayou was beautiful and peaceful, I would spend the whole day here if I could.
Dan cut the engine and moved himself over to me, i looked over at him and smiled. "It's beautiful here, Dan." I looked up to meet Dans welcoming eyes, his gaze slowly lowered to my lips and my heart stuttered as he leaned down slowly. Dan then cupped my face in his warm hand and titled my face up towards his when I tried to look away.

"You're beautiful" he said this as he leaned closer,his breath brushing against my lips. I could feel a blush on my cheeks as his lips pressed gently against mine. There was a sweet blissful moment as I took it in but it ended all too soon as he pulled away. He stood up offering me a hand I shakily got to my feet.

"We should probably get going" Dan said, trying to hide the smile of joy on his face. That face suddenly turned to a confused frown as the boat began to rock lightly. Dan walked around the side of the boat to see what it was, then the boat suddenly began to shake more violently and Dan was flun into the water.
"Dan!" I yelled as I ran unsteadily over to the place where he fell into the water but I saw nothing. Then I saw a hand poking out of the water at the farther side of the boat, I ran over to him. The water seemed so murky and I couldn't make out who it was, it had to be Dan. I leaned over the side of the boat reaching for the hand, I gasped as it grabbed hold of me. The skin was so cold, it couldn't possibly have belonged to anything living. The hand pulled me under the water and soon I was completely submerged in the murky water.
Mud filled my mouth as I tried to scream for help, in front of me was a woman dressed completely in white. Her figure was so old and frail, she looked like a skeleton. I tried to pull my hand free from her grip but she was too strong. Then I felt a pair of warm human hands on my shoulders, the woman disappeared and I was in Dans arms being pulled to the surface.
As we broke the surface I gasped in a lung full of air, I was shaking in fear as Dan soothed me in his warm embrace.