Part 11

I saw the police car come to a sudden hault not 10 feet away from me, immediately after two men came out and ran towards me. "Someone inside is hurt!" I yelled out as tears feel down my face.
I felt the one policeman bring me up off my feet, asking me questions but I couldn't make out anything he was saying. He started bringing me towards the car but he came to a sudden hault in front of the second officer. As I drew my attention up to the still officer blocking our way to the car I could see he appeared to have a confused expression on his face.
"He... Just appeared" the confused officer muttered out.
I turned myself around to find Dan standing about fifteen feet away from us, blood covered his body and I saw the same hideous smirk on his face I saw in the basement.
I continued to stare in shock, Dan then immediately moved one of his hands up in the air and I could hear a cracking noise, it sounded as if the bones in the officer's body were snapping. I stepped back towards the officers and yelled for Dan to stop but it was too late, Dan twisted his hand and at once the officers necks snapped and they fell to the ground by my feet.
"Oh, shit!" I groaned out as I maneuvered my way back to the car, I swung the passenger's door open and crawled inside to the driver's seat. I could hear Dan laughing as he started walking towards me.
"Now you'll leave me alone you demon motherfucker!" I yelled as I pressed my foot against the gas pedal, I turned the clutch to reverse and drove out onto the road. As I moved my hand back to the clutch to switch to drive I looked back at the driveway but Dan was nowhere to be seen.
The car sped up to a terrifying speed of 140 mph, I didn't care how fast I was driving. Somehow, I thought I could escape it all. This all started as soon as I entered Louisiana so maybe all I need to do is leave the state. Unfortunately, it's not that easy.
I pressed down harder on the gas pedal but the car began to slow down, I drew my attention to the dashboard but noticed there was still half a tank of gas. I looked around the car with a confused look on my face but didn't see anything out of the ordinary. I drew my eyes back to the road but what I saw standing at the side of the road terrified me, I was staring at the man who was at the side of the road when my sister crashed her car.
The car radio turned on and all I could hear was muffled static and all the lights in the vehicle began to flicker, I knew what this meant but I didn't want to believe it.

I pressed on the gas harder, trying to make the car drive faster down the country road, I was headed in the opposite direction of New Orleans. In the distance ahead of me I noticed what looked to be a farm.
I kept my hands tight on the steering wheel tried to direct my car towards the farm, cancelling out all the supernatural distractions, trying to keep my mind clear and focused.
I drove the car up the drive way of the farm and stopped the car beside the farm house, the car stalled immediately after.
As I stepped out of the vehicle I started getting a really strange feeling, something was wrong here. I started limping towards the house, my arm and leg stinging from each step and movement.
I didn't see any other vehicle or anyone around the farm, the must all be inside the house or away. Regardless, I needed to get inside, call for help and fix myself up.
The front door to the house immediately opened and out stepped Dan, blood covered his entire body and he was holding a decapitated woman's head. I fell back startled and terrified, my eyes drawn to Dan's horrifying grin as he stood smiling at me.
I had to find a way to get the demon out of Dan, I couldn't keep running like this. "Dan, It's me!" I yelled as I continued to maneuver my body back towards the car. "It's me, Nadine. I love you and I need you back"
I brought myself up to my feet beside the car and looked back at Dan, his expression appeared to suddenly shift. I could see pain in his eyes and tears running down his face, he was back.
A smile rose on my face and I took a few steps back towards Dan, "you're back" I sighed out in relief.
"Nad, I love you so much!" Dan yelled as he started running towards me.
I wrapped my arms around Dan as tight as I could, crying and laughing into his shoulder. "I'm so glad you're back" I cried those words against his shoulder. I felt Dan holding me tight, crying and apologizing.
I opened my eyes and held my breath for a moment, something wasn't right.