Growing up

Oh yeah, quick warning to those who didn't read the original there's gonna be spoilers for Danmachi and Tbate

Also, those who have read the original, please keep from spoiling in the comments.

Zeus relaxed his posture once he saw Alfia. Regis still kept his guard up as he didn't trust her. This woman abandoned her own nephew to go and become a terrorist. Now, she was back when she was supposed to be dead. No, he didn't trust her one bit.

"Alfia? How are you alive?" Zeus asked.

Alfia glanced her mismatched iris at the boy whom Regis stood in front of. He bared a single fang while Bell peered over the dog. He looked at the strange woman in confusion.

Alfia then turned her gaze back to Zeus. "I was given a second chance at life. I was given more time."

Zeus narrowed his eyes at the cryptic answer. But Alfia's gaze told him now was not the time to talk about these things.

"Alright, well, since you're here. Bell, come here." Zeus gestured.

Bell looked to Regis, who still bared his fang at Alfia. But he let Bell pass nonetheless. The young boy glanced up at Alfia. His red eyes filled with wonder.

Alfia's gaze softened considerably when she laid eyes upon Bell. He was the spitting image of her sister, minus his eyes. Gods, how she hated his father.

"Who are you?" Bell asked.

Alfia crouched down and placed her hand on his shoulder. She looked Bell directly in his eyes and felt guilty. Guilty for leaving him alone with his only two caretakers being, Zeus and a dog.

Bell tilted his head in confusion while Zeus and Regis remained silent. Alfia took another long look at Bell before answering.

"I'm your mom's sister. Do you know what that makes me?" She softly asked.

"My aunt?" Bell answered.

Alfia nodded her head. "That's right, but don't call me your aunt ok. It makes me feel old."

Bell nodded, a little confused. "But if I can't call you Aunt Alfia, what do I call you?"

"Just Alfia is fine."

Bell looked up to Zeus, who just simply nodded. Bell looked to Alfia and nodded.

"Ok, Alfia, I'm glad you're here," Bell responded.

Alfia smiled and hugged Bell, catching the boy off guard. But once he got over his shock, he hugged Alfia back.

Zeus and Regis meanwhile looked at Alfia with suspicion. Alfia was supposed to be dead. She had a deadly illness with no cure, and she was trying to kill herself to help Orario rise up for the trying times.

So why was she here and not dead somewhere in the labyrinth city? What did she have planned for Bell?

Alfia picked Bell up as she stood. She looked to Zeus and gestured to the door. "May I come in?" She asked.

"Yeah, sure, make yourself at home. You have a room here, remember." Zeus replied. His tone sounded more snarky than he meant.

Alfia had a look of guilt in her eyes but remained quiet. Bell was leaning into her shoulder as she held him.

The group headed inside and took their seats in the living room. An awkward silence filled the room as Zeus gave Alfia a level glare while Regis was still ready to attack.

She didn't protest to this treatment. She did abandon Bell when he needed her the most. She understood the anger these two held.

Especially Regis. Bell was the son of his best friend. Regis had been in this family for so long that Alfia sometimes forgot he was over 200 years old.