Armor

"Called it." Regis chuckled.

"Well, then, this is a surprise," Bell commented.

Miach and Nazha quickly pulled away from each other while Bell and Regis looked at the two with shit-eating grins on their face.

Miach nervously smiled and rubbed the back of his neck while Nazha blushed and hid her face behind her hands. Regis saw this as a prime opportunity to strike.

"You know, I was wondering why I heard a bed creaking last night."

Nazha squeaked and buried her face further in her hands as her tail nervously wagged. Miach quickly pointed at Regis.

"No, you didn't! Nazha and I have separate rooms." Miach protested.

"Didn't last night."

"Regis, that's enough." Bell chuckled.

He walked over and took a seat at the table. "So you two are an item, huh?" He asked.

Nazha nodded as she removed her hands from her face. "Y-yes, he sacrificed so m-much to get m-my new arm, and I just-

Nazha couldn't speak anymore and buried her face in her hands again. Bell, however, furrowed his brow in confusion.

"New arm?" Bell asked.

The mood in the room seemed to change as Miach's face dropped and Nazha's tail stopped wagging. She didn't say another word as she took her glove off. Her right arm wasn't flesh but a silvery metal. Her hand was also that same silvery metal with black fingertips.

Bell looked at the arm slightly wide-eyed as Nazha put her glove back on.

"A few years ago, right after I hit level two, my dungeon party and I were attacked by a horde of monsters. We were on the middle floors, and a hellhound pounced on me. The rest of my party was busy, so they couldn't help. Eventually, the hellhound ripped my arm off, and I passed out from shock. When I awoke, Miach was by my bedside, and I had a new arm. But everyone else in our familia left because of our debt." Nazha explained.

Bell nodded as he digested the information. "That's quite the tragedy. Miach told me you would freeze up if you saw a monster. I'm guessing that's why?"

Nazha nodded.

"And the debt was because you bought an arm from that piece of shit Dian?"

"Bell." Miach chastised.

"What am I wrong?"

Miach sighed. "No, but he is a god."

Bell shrugged. "Ok, and I don't respect the gods in Orario. I mean, they didn't stick by my Grandpa when he was being banished. They all turned their backs on him. Except for you, Astraea, Demeter, and Hermes. Might be more, but that's all he mentioned."

Miach sighed. "Yeah, I can get your anger. Just make sure it doesn't get you into trouble."

"Don't worry, I'll make sure little Prince Charming over here behaves himself." Regis chimed in.

Bell rolled his eyes as Nazha spoke up. The blush on her face having disappeared completely.

"You're back early."

"You mean earlier than you thought," Regis added.

Nazha slightly blushed and cleared her throat. "What I meant was you were only down there for a few hours. Why are you back so soon."

"Oh, a Minotaur nearly gutted me." Bell calmly answered.

Miach and Nazha's eyes widened.

"What?!" They both shouted.