Orphange

The group looked at the little girl who continued to pet Regis. They didn't know her name or really what to do with her.

"Um, little girl, what's your name?" Micah gently asked.

"Fena." She answered.

Regis glared at Bell while the boy felt the pain in his shoulder dull. Fena kept petting Regis, liking how soft his fur was.

"Fena, where are your parents?" Alise asked.

"Oh, I don't have any." She answered.

This caused some alarm within the group. They all looked at each other. What were they to do with a girl who had no parents in the middle of the city?

"Same," Bell said, walking over to her.

He crouched down next to her, and Fena turned her attention to him. Her hand resting on Regis's fur.

"You know my dog can talk, right?" Bell asked.

Fena's eyes widened in excitement. "Really!"

Bell smiled and nodded. "Mhm, Regis, why don't you say something."

Lefiya and Laurier looked at Bell like he was crazy. A talking dog. There was no such thing. He was just saying that to comfort the girl.

Regis turned his head and looked at Fena. "I'm a wolf, not a dog."

The two elves widened their eyes in shock. Bell wasn't a kidding he quite literally had a talking dog. Such a thing was magical, but how did a human have it? They weren't specially connected to any magical attributes.

"How do you have a magic dog?!" Lefiya questioned.

"He's my bond," Bell answered.

"No, I'm not! He kidnapped me! I haven't seen my dear mother in over 14 years!" Regis cried.

Bell shook his head while Fena giggled. "Your dog is funny."

"Yeah...funny's the word I'd use," Bell muttered.

Lefiya crouched down in front of Regis and examined him. Bell was a little surprised with how quickly she got there.

"Hmm, he doesn't seem to be made of any magic, I know. Hey, white hair, what's he made of?"

"I have a name, and he's made up of fire." Bell lied.

Well, it wasn't really a lie. But they didn't need to know that.

"Hmm, he's an anomaly, purple fire? I've never seen such a thing before." Lefiya mused as she studied Regis more.

"Yeah, well, I'm all natural, sweetheart," Regis responded.

Bell shook his head and turned his attention back to Fena. He could ignore the eccentric but pretty elf for now.

"I heard that thought," Regis said through their link.

Bell ignored him, giving him the mental middle finger.

"So Fena, where is it you call home?" Bell asked.

Alise and the others noticed how soft-spoken he was with her.

"Hmm, a church," Fena answered.

"Do you know where this church is?"

Fena nodded. "Uh huh, follow me!"

She started skipping away, with Bell following close behind. Miach began to follow him, as did the rest of the group.

The ones in the Astraea familia did believe in justice, after all. What type of paragons would they be if they didn't make sure this girl was safe?

Once Bell arrived next to Fena, she took his hand and began leading him. Bell didn't pull back and let her lead him.