Orario

Bell and Regis crossed over a hill and could see the Tower of Babel in the distance. The two had been traveling for around four days and had finally reached their destination.

"That's a big tower," Bell said. His eyes wide with excitement and wonder.

"Heh, me and your dad called it the giant dick in the sky." Regis laughed.

"And you ruined it." Bell deadpanned.

"Oh, come on, really? A dick joke ruined the Tower of Babel for you?" Regis questioned.

"I mean somewhat, now every time I look at that thing, I'm gonna think of a giant dick piercing the clouds."

"Eh, once you start getting used to the city, you won't care so much."

"We haven't even gotten to the city yet!" Bell complained, gesturing to the tower.

Regis strutted forward. "Which is why you care so much."

Bell shook his head. "This is why you're a dog."

"Wolf."

The two continued bickering as they drew closer to the city, getting the attention of those waiting in line to enter the dungeon city. Mostly because nobody had ever seen a talking dog before.

The two eventually stopped bickering once they realized they had a crowd. So they remained silent. Except for the one time, Bell kicked Regis in the side.

After waiting in line for around 30 minutes, Bell and Regis arrived at the front gate where a tall, tan, burly man with muscles bulging out from his toga stood. He wore an orange elephant mask as well. Bell could sense the divinity coming from him.

"I am Ganesha, and greetings, young man! Welcome to Orario." The god greeted.

Bell blinked and looked at the eccentric god. A blue-haired woman dressed in an orange dress with a spear equipped to her back and a whip at her side stepped forward. Bell could feel the sheer waves of power coming off her. He could sense her mana core.

"Lord Ganesha, you know you don't have to work the gate." The woman said.

"Nonsense Shakti, I, Ganesha, shall greet every new arrival to welcome them to this fantastic city of ours. Now, young man, what is your reasoning for coming here."

Bell blinked again and looked down at Regis. His bond talked to him through their mental link.

"Just go with it," Regis responded.

Bell cleared his throat and looked back to Ganesha. "Um, well, I'm here to become an adventurer. Uh, sir."

Regis snorted. "When did you get so polite."

Bell ignored him as the god nodded his head. Not sensing a lie. "I see, I see. Who's your furry little companion? Is he your bond?"

Bell's eyes narrowed in confusion. Shouldn't Ganesha know who Regis is? Regis was pretty famous, along with Bell's father. But Bell decided to play along.

"Yeah, he's my bond. Kind of annoying, but hey, I'm stuck with him." Bell shrugged.

"I am not annoying," Regis said aloud.

"Did that dog just talk?" Shakti asked.

"I'm a wolf, thank you very much," Regis stated.

"He's a special bond." Bell quickly answered.

Ganesha placed his hand on his chin and nodded. "Hmm, I see. Very interesting, I think you'll make a name for yourself in this city."

Bell nervously chuckled and rubbed the back of his neck. "Uh, thank you, but I was told I'm supposed to pay a fee."