Chapter 9

Ty's POV

I'm laying in my bed, looking through the photos me and Antonio took tonight. I can't stop thinking about him, as if when I'm with him the world goes silent. I feel my phone buzzing and look to see he's calling me.

What the hell, did I manifest it or something? I answer it and greet him with, "Miss me already?" I hear him panting and slightly groaning on the other side. What is he doing? And why is it kinda hot?

"Ma, I can't explain right now, okay, but I need to talk to your dad." I sit upright. I can hear the terror in his voice. But not just that, the anger that accompanies it. "Tyara, please." He groans again, straining, as if he's in pain.

"Yeah, one sec." I rush downstairs to see my dad sitting with my mom at the table. "Papa! Somethings wrong!" I yell. He stands up and walks closer to me.

"What's wrong cheri?" He asks, worried.

"I don't know. Antonio called me, and he sounds scared, and he said he needs to talk to you." I tell him. He looks confused, but reaches out for my phone.

My dad is listening to what Antonio is saying, and rubbing his face. All of a sudden, my dads face drops. He curses under his breath. "We're coming." He says. He hangs up and gives me my phone.

He turns to my mom and kisses her on the forehead. "Lock the doors and windows, and don't let anyone in or out. Le Tigri are back." Her face drops as soon as he mentions 'Le Tigri'. "Cheri, you need to come with me. You can't ask questions, but Antonio needs you." He says. I nod and grab my jacket.

We walk out of the house, and I hop into the car. My dad opens the trunk, and throws a black bag in. He hops in and starts driving, fast. We pull in front of the house and see the door, wide open. My dad opens the trunk, reaches in, and pulls out a pistol from the black bag.

"Papa what-" I cut myself off. I knew he had guns, but I never knew this is what he was protecting us from. He walks in front of me and as soon as we get into the house, I see broken pots with dirt and flowers on the ground.

We walk upstairs and Alfonzo jumps out with a cane, ready to swing. My dad puts his hands up, and calms him down. "quello che è successo?" My dad asks. What happened?

"Some dudes broke in, said they were owed money. Antonio wasn't here and they-" He stops for a moment. My heart drops. Antonio wasn't here, because he was with me. "They hit my mom. Said they were gonna do something to her if they didn't get their money." He finishes. I see his face is tear stained, and his eyes well up.

My dad kneels down and gives him a hug and whispers in his ear. My dad gestures for me to follow him. I walk into the room and see a woman leaning against the bed, holding an ice pack to her face. I see a little boy sitting next to her, helping calm her down. Antonio is cleaning up some blood on her face, while holding his right side.

I can't see his waist clearly, so I don't know why he's holding it. My dad rushes over to help, and I follow him. "ehi, stai bene?" My dad asks. Hey, are you okay?

Antonio sees me and looks relieved. As soon as my dad goes to help the woman, Antonio leans back, tilting his head, and groaning. I notice his waist, it's bloody, really bloody. I rush over, and use one hand to hold his cheek, and put the other on his waist, applying pressure.

He groans lightly, and I can tell he's in extreme pain. He brings his bloodied hand up to my face and places it on my cheek. "Hey, ma." He says in a husky, strained voice. I try to smile, but it's hard seeing him like this. How can I care this much about someone I just met recently?