chapter thirteen

I roll onto my side when I hear a vibrating buzz. I groan and reach underneath my pillow and pull out my phone.

I smile and sit up when I see who it's from.

Angel Santos: Hiii :) I just wanted to know if u'd like to come over tmrw and u know maybe spend the day tg..?

Ryder Freeman: heyyy :) ofc i do! we'll even make it a sleepover.

Angel Santos: Aahhh can't wait! Wyd?

Ryder Freeman: nothing, just woke up.

Angel Santos: Shit, I'm sorry. Did I wake u?

Ryder Freeman: don't be, i don't mind. i'd much rather talk to u anyway.

Angel Santos: Awww! The feeing definitely goes both ways on that :)

Ryder Freeman: wbu, wyd?

Angel Santos: Just got out the shower.

Ryder Freeman: oh.

Angel Santos: Don't worry - ur not a bother. I'm abt to get dressed and gtb.

Ryder Freeman: k, gn. see u tmrw :3

Angel Santos: Looking forward to it :3

It's 10:34.

I smile and turn my phone off. I bring the corner of the phone to my lips as I stare off at the wall in front of me, thinking of Angel.

Her soft brown doe eyes.

Her angelic laugh.

Her delicious scent.

Her beautiful face.

Tomorrow couldn't come slower.

*********
"Calm down, Sky. Maybe it won't be so bad."

Three hours ago, I woke up to Sky yelling. Apparently when she came home, Roman had told her the news. And as expected, she freaked out. She told him that he's replacing her with his "new family". She dropped so many cuss bombs, I'm surprised Mr. Crabs wasn't called.

"Ry," she grabs my wrist, "He got a woman pregnant."

I put my other hand on her shoulder. "I know. But just remember, you don't have to care about this woman. Besides, you're going to have a sibling. They're going to have a little bit of your dad in them. How can you not love him or her?"

She inhaled a deep breath as she squeezed her fluffy brown teddy bear. "You're right."

"And also here for you."

She lightly patted my thigh.

"Thanks, Ry."

"Of course."

"So," she started, "What do you think I should do?"

"Talk to your dad. He needs you right now. This isn't just affecting you, but him as well. He needs to know that you won't fold and abandon him."

"What are you talking about? He knows I won't."

"Sky, you told him to go fuck himself. This is your family, and I understand you being upset, but he needs you by his side."

"That was a moment of anger! My dad knows I love him and you know that!"

"Okay, one, stop yelling at me! You know I'm always here for you, but I am not your punching bag. And two, I know your dad loves you and you know your dad loves you. I love you, you know this, but you have no idea how lucky you are. You should try telling him that you love him more often. He probably feels like you're drifting away, especially since you've been screaming at him a lot lately."