The Infinite Web

"This is delicious." Frisk groaned in satisfaction as they chewed into the hamburger, "I honestly don't remember the last time I had proper food."

Peter chuckled nervously, "Because you were an omnipresent being with no true physical form or..."

The two were sat at a lunch counter in the Spider Society's main restaurant. Countless heroes dressed in variations of the same costume, some practically identical to each other, surrounded them. Some ate their own meals. Some walked by while chatting. Some swung over their heads. After taking Frisk to the med bay and being given the okay, Peter immediately took them to get something to eat.

Both were eating a meal of cheeseburger and fries, although Frisk's was much smaller. Frisk wasn't sure but if they had to guess, Prime was eating enough food to feed at least three people. He didn't even take off his mask. He just lifted the bottom of the mask to his nose to uncover his mouth.

Superpowers were weird.

"Mostly the former," Core answered before taking another bite. They understood Primes's silent question about their past "Maybe a bit of the latter as well."

"Would it be okay if you told me what the latter was?"

Frisk turned to face Peter, making eye contact through the lenses of his mask. That was when Peter noticed that Core's empty, void-colored eyes now had a speck of light in them. This made him do a quick scan of them. Their skin was slightly more saturated, brown roots were fading into their hair and their breathing was becoming more natural, more real."

"Is there a particular reason you would like to know that?" Frisk asked softly.

Peter shrugged, "It's not every day you meet an omnipresent child, even in the same multiverse. I'm just curious. You don't have to say anything if you don't want to."

Frisk turned back to their food and seemed to consider answering. Their face remained neutral of any emotion, even when they answered, "I don't think I will."

Peter snorted a laugh, turning back to his food as well.

"What's so funny?"

He shrugged, "Long story from another universe."

As they ate, one of the cooks came up and placed a full meal by an empty seat next to Frisk. Frisk was confused by this action but Prime seemed to know exactly what was going on.

"Another pre-order?" he asked casually.

The masked cook nodded, lifting his watch and surprisingly using it as a regular watch, "She should be here in fifteen seconds."

As the cook went back to the kitchen, Frisk turned to Peter and asked, "What was that about?"

Peter simply pointed to the empty seat next to Frisk. The moment they turned towards it, a bluish-grey mist began to form from seemingly nowhere. Frisk looked around to see if anybody else was seeing this.

Some of the Spider-People did notice the strange phenomenon but didn't pay it any attention.

Then, without warning, something (a person?) manifested out of it. Her body was stretched so much that she might as well have been rubber. She was dressed head to toe in a green suit with purple accents and a scarf. Frisk was also able to spot what looked like a curved purple lightning bolt on her torso.

It wasn't like the suits the majority of the Spider-People wore. It was looser in some areas and had bulky equipment. The helmet covered her entire head and from the brief look Core was able to get off her face, it was covered by a bright blue mask of some kind that displayed a very simple facial expression.